• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Geoengineering to save the planet?

Excited Tom Hiddleston GIF by Marvel Studios

As we prefer technical solutions to cultural ones it is likely unavoidable. Global dimming via sulphur emissions is something we have been doing partially by accident and reductions in aerosol forcings have been accounted for. We may reverse course whether it is due to the actions of individual countries or even people

I love the people advocating climate engineering. They've hung their hats on claiming that carbon dioxide is a huge problem even while admitting they don't fully understand how our climate works, let alone attempt to model many of the moving pieces, but we should be completely confident that they can mess around with unnatural interventions for which they cannot possibly know all the consequences without fucking it up and dooming us all.

I love the people advocating climate engineering. They've hung their hats on claiming that carbon dioxide is a huge problem even while admitting they don't fully understand how our climate works, let alone attempt to model many of the moving pieces, but we should be completely confident that they can mess around with unnatural interventions for which they cannot possibly know all the consequences without fucking it up and dooming us all.
I think you will find very few climate scientists advocating for any type of geo engineering

Once people understand "Climate Change" is more religion than anything else its makes more sense. Of governments its a perfect vehicle to to fund all types of pet projects. For others is it great for control of whatever they feel needs control. It is almost perfect....you don't like cars....can't ban them but make every new electric and price them people out of the market. Plastic bags....climate change, even though the paper bags use more energy and cut down tree to produce....its the religion that matters not the real outcome.

FTFY

The climate is changing but really who knows why?
fair enough....I am trying to moderate my speech the new thoughtful and measured S100 .

On second thought.....not having much luck today though on other threads....LOL

back it this

Climate Changes that has 100% agreement with scientists and cult members. :)

fair enough....I am trying to moderate my speech the new thoughtful and measured S100 .

On second thought.....not having much luck today though on other threads....LOL

back it this

Climate Changes that has 100% agreement with scientists and cult members. :)

Measured is good. (y)

Every local government in the country......this sewer is backed up because of Climate Change.....not the 1000 new houses put on the 60 year old line...nope that can't be it.
This forest can’t possibly be a raging inferno because we artificially suppressed fire for the last 70 years….nope. Gotta be Climate change.

Most actual climate scientists aren't raving climate zealots either. They understand that the climate is a complex system, and we don't fully understand it.
Whats the difference between a climate scientist and a climate zealot?

This forest can’t possibly be a raging inferno because we artificially suppressed fire for the last 70 years….nope. Gotta be Climate change.
But climate change is why that 70 year accumulation of fuel (not to mention all that standing dead beetle-killed timber) is tinder try in June instead of August.

Not necessarily. Sometimes it's just El Nino/La Nina.

Thus making the point no one really has a full grasp and understanding of the whole complex system of our big blue ball.

Which go to the point which grinds my gears...the climate zealots, cultists, fear mongers, and just believers is the absolutes they speak in. If they would just bring it down a few amd have a real discussion about it..I think I could get more onboard. But when we are doomed unless we do xyz....well can we talk cost v benefit...nope. then it's a religion or a cult or something else.

Back