• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

From Supp Reserve to Image Tech... possible?

Shanora

Inactive
Reaction score
Background, is that I'm a former Supply Technician.  7 years reserve time (Air Force).  I got out just before my husband deployed to Afghanistan.  Put myself on the Supplementary Reserve list.  They've since dropped the time in there from 10 years to 5 years.  My 5 years will be up in Feb 2016. 
I am considering joining the military again. However I'm considering Reg Force, but I want to switch trades.  I'd like to do Image Tech. 

What is the possibility of that even being an option. 

Also if its it not possible, how does one take themselves OFF the Supp Reserve list and come back into the forces...as a reg force member?

Thanks

Current members of the Supp Res who wish to join the Regular Force are required to submit an application for employment online and the application will be processed and managed by your local Recruiting Detachment.

http://www.forces.ca/en/page/applynow-100

The "minimum" acceptable entry standards for Imagery Technician (Regular Force) are Gr. 10 high school, secondary IV in Québec or equivalent secondary
school education.  The ideal entry standards are a College diploma from an accredited college in photography or photo journalism OR a Baccalaureate degree in graphic communication or communication studies.

Back