• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Freedom Convoy protests [Split from All things 2019-nCoV]

Indeed. I’m not sure it will be enforced but we’ll see. Bodes well for the class action suit though.
I have a hunch that the front line police officers want to enforce the law. They are, I suspect, tired of being told to back down and back away. Even though they do not want to "bust heads" or anything like that they are tired of being complicit in what is rampant law-breaking. Horns that produce sustained 100db+ noise levels are dangerous; the front line police officers know that. Now they have a good reason to shut them down.

I have a hunch that the front line police officers want to enforce the law. They are, I suspect, tired of being told to back down and back away. Even though they do not want to "bust heads" or anything like that they are tired of being complicit in what is rampant law-breaking. Horns that produce sustained 100db+ noise levels are dangerous; the front line police officers know that. Now they have a good reason to shut them down.
I hope so.

Some of those folks are dedicated enough to remain there to get hypothermia. If one of them dies, in an Ottawa winter, because OPS refused to let them fuel their trucks for heat I have a feeling the lawsuit settlement will dwarf the SLAPP-esque lawsuit asks from the "inconvienced" downtown residents.

So for the pro "fire people who aren't vaccinated" crowd: What office environment public health effect are you trying to achieve with a virus that has mutated to render the vaccine useless against preventing transmission? Please note that to make such a public health order, a government has to justify why it's a reasonable suspension of charter rights, not the individual's problem to justify why they need those rights.

3 provinces are already looking to remove most or all public health measures. Dr. Tam has stated vaccine mandates need review. Ontario is in the review process and stated they're basically useless post-Delta. If you're still cheering for vax-passes, at this point you're denying the overwhelming science that's available.
The thing is that it’s not just about limiting/preventing transmission but also about reducing the severity of the illness, which the vaccines are good at. This is what keeps the hospitalization rates low.

CERB only addresses expense-like reimbursement. It doesn’t cover those who in some cases had invested their life savings to create a small business that was employing, in the case of my friend, 8-10 other Canadians, but have had to shutter the business and lay off employees.
So why is fixing the social safety net to cover exigencies of the pandemic not the cause of the protest convoys? Surely that must be a better cause than just let more people die so business can function like 2019.

So why is fixing the social safety net to cover exigencies of the pandemic not the cause of the protest convoys? Surely that must be a better cause than just let more people die so business can function like 2019.
Personally? I think they didn’t think things through.

That doesn’t invalidate the point of giving more than a passing consideration to the MH side of the situation.

So that's your response when you can't find/use an obscure link to do your talking?

OK. I go out of my way to avoid engaging with you.

It's like Clinton, Bush, Obama and Trump promising to move the Embassy to Jeruselum.
It took Trump to finally keep those Presidential promises.

Today, you posted that as a fact - from 2017. Not an opinion.

I replied with a fact - also from 2017. Not an opinion.

In the 2017 AJC Survey of American Jewish Opinion, done in September 2017, it was found that 16% of American Jews polled supported an immediate move of the embassy to Jerusalem, 36% wanted to move the embassy at a later date in conjunction with Israeli-Palestinian peace talks, 44% opposed moving the embassy, and 4% said they were not sure.

This can’t be real…

View attachment 68565
You can laugh now, but #9 will become relevant in 20-30 years as the tech improves. It's not there yet, otherwise the Chinese would be doing it. I would not doubt the Chinese have experimented with forced chipping of prisoners and undesirables but even the larger scale stuff (size of a pill) is not yet workable on a mass scale. They are working on a insert for Type 1 diabetics that, may eventually have some nano-tech in it for insulin and BG control.

The document could real or faked and distributed by people wishing to undermine the protests. I get all sorts of "form letters" to address to MP/governments. People may sign and send without reading the full thing.

You can laugh now, but #9 will become relevant in 20-30 years as the tech improves. It's not there yet, otherwise the Chinese would be doing it. I would not doubt the Chinese have experimented with forced chipping of prisoners and undesirables but even the larger scale stuff (size of a pill) is not yet workable on a mass scale. They are working on a insert for Type 1 diabetics that, may eventually have some nano-tech in it for insulin and BG control.

The document could real or faked and distributed by people wishing to undermine the protests. I get all sorts of "form letters" to address to MP/governments. People may sign and send without reading the full thing.
I’m not laughing. I’m actually questioning it’s veracity. I know some kooks believe this stuff but I’m not sure that this would be sent en masse by everyone.

But if it is…I can see why no one wants to meet the people behind that.

I’m not laughing. I’m actually questioning it’s veracity. I know some kooks believe this stuff but I’m not sure that this would be sent en masse by everyone.

But if it is…I can see why no one wants to meet the people behind that.
As I said my guess is people not reading the full document and just signing it. There are often websites setup to facilitate these writing campaigns. All you have to do is click on agree and enter your personal data and it's auto sent.

I hope so too, but they need the boots on the ground. I say this not knowing how many members of other forces are deployed; apparently the Ford government said 1500 OPP members but OPS says about 100 (I tend to believe the OPS figure - 1500 would unsustainable). Every 'ticket' offence is a possible flashpoint a likely dictates several members per incident, but not normally a big time consumer. Every criminal charge may need an investigation, but even if found committing by the member, implies an arrest, return to the station, processing, release, etc. And they still have to staff roadblocks and police the rest of the city 24/7).

The protesters in Ottawa are "trying to blockade our economy, our democracy and our fellow citizens' daily lives. It has to stop," Trudeau said

Pot meet kettle.

Back