• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Freedom Convoy protests [Split from All things 2019-nCoV]

Ummmm…. do you consider the Freedom Convoy …you know…a war zone?
Really? That was your takeaway?

No…quite the opposite.

I was noting how far reporters have gone in the past for a story…of course with appropriate security measure in place.

Here in Ottawa, it appears that the media seems to have self-limited its coverage of the Nazi/Confederate flag(s?) to stand-off reporting. I stand to be corrected, but I have seen no media investigation or even direct contact with the Nazi/Confederate types. For the star-of-David buttons that CTV reporter Glen McGregor tweeted that you posted earlier, I saw no follow-up as to the identity of, or story behind who was offering those buttons for sale. How about a follow-up on the parked truck with the 3% flag on the hood…show the plate…wait and interview the driver.

Electoral reform was tossed into the "too hard" pile of election promises after analysis showed it could lead to a Liberal loss in a subsequent election.

I'm well aware. That doesn't change the fact millions of Canadians are disenfranchised with our electoral process because is doesn't equally reflect the whole country.

Not fixing this will be detrimental to our future.

Last edited:

No…quite the opposite.

I was noting how far reporters have gone in the past for a story…of course with appropriate security measure in place.

Here in Ottawa, it appears that the media seems to have self-limited its coverage of the Nazi/Confederate flag(s?) to stand-off reporting. I stand to be corrected, but I have seen no media investigation or even direct contact with the Nazi/Confederate types. For the star-of-David buttons that CTV reporter Glen McGregor tweeted that you posted earlier, I saw no follow-up as to the identity of, or story behind who was offering those buttons for sale. How about a follow-up on the parked truck with the 3% flag on the hood…show the plate…wait and interview the driver.

He's never been to a war zone. Cut him some slack. Personal reality is shaped by personal experience.

The reporter in your picture looks more relaxed with the folks being interviewed than the ones at the "Freedom" thing.
So Trudeau should follow in his father’s footsteps, you figure, what with downtown Ottawa being more dangerous than a war zone now?
1643818287498.gif

No…quite the opposite.

That would involve real journalism 🤣

This is what real conflict journalism looks like:

That would involve real journalism 🤣

This is what real conflict journalism looks like:

Hell, even Rolling Stone got it right:

And every complaint about a couple of flags and buttons is a distraction for trudeau to hide behind. I can smell his desperation all the way down here at the border.

“We are not intimidated by those who hurl insults and abuse at small business workers and steal food from the homeless. We won't give in to those who fly racist flags. We won't cave to those who engage in vandalism or dishonor the memory of our veterans.” (says Mr Asking for more than we can give)

“Today in the House, Members of Parliament unanimously condemned the antisemitism, Islamophobia, anti-Black racism, homophobia, and transphobia that we’ve seen on display in Ottawa over the past number of days. Together, let’s keep working to make Canada more inclusive.”:unsure:
(did he miss anyone? Those that identify as dogs or cats, plants or Bic pens?)

The world unlocks and moves to an endemic, but trudeau doubles down and is planning on restricting our movement, even across provincial boundries. Wait til he finds out Pfizer wants to vax babies. Heck, he acts like he gets a commission on every jab Canadians receive.

He will meet with BLM protesters with their Marxist, violent agendas because he agrees with them, but not those that he disagrees with. Not the actions of even a mediocre leader that wants everyone to get along or is concerned about the citizens he was put in charge of to lead. There's lots more misplaced condemnation and angst from his nibs as he stokes division and hate, but I don't want to give his lies and reverse racism a larger platform than hypocritical Mr Blackface already has available.

It is also not far from impossible that those flags, etc were purposely placed in there to give him something to build his false narrative around. I don't think there are many (any?) measures they find off limits to their incorrigible party to attain their goals, including their own Ray Epps type characters.

And every complaint about a couple of flags and buttons is a distraction for trudeau to hide behind. I can smell his desperation all the way down here at the border.

“We are not intimidated by those who hurl insults and abuse at small business workers and steal food from the homeless. We won't give in to those who fly racist flags. We won't cave to those who engage in vandalism or dishonor the memory of our veterans.” (says Mr Asking for more than we can give)

“Today in the House, Members of Parliament unanimously condemned the antisemitism, Islamophobia, anti-Black racism, homophobia, and transphobia that we’ve seen on display in Ottawa over the past number of days. Together, let’s keep working to make Canada more inclusive.”:unsure:
(did he miss anyone? Those that identify as dogs or cats, plants or Bic pens?)

The world unlocks and moves to an endemic, but trudeau doubles down and is planning on restricting our movement, even across provincial boundries. Wait til he finds out Pfizer wants to vax babies. Heck, he acts like he gets a commission on every jab Canadians receive.

He will meet with BLM protesters with their Marxist, violent agendas because he agrees with them, but not those that he disagrees with. Not the actions of even a mediocre leader that wants everyone to get along or is concerned about the citizens he was put in charge of to lead. There's lots more misplaced condemnation and angst from his nibs as he stokes division and hate, but I don't want to give his lies and reverse racism a larger platform than hypocritical Mr Blackface already has available.

It is also not far from impossible that those flags, etc were purposely placed in there to give him something to build his false narrative around. I don't think there are many (any?) measures they find off limits to their incorrigible party to attain their goals, including their own Ray Epps type characters.
nazi confederate anti vaccers do make for good boogeymen.

I was in the PRes. Furtherest I got was Fort Drum New York.

I also had a full-time job,

24.09 (a) Leave of absence shall be granted to employees to serve in the Armed Forces during hostilities or during a time of war as declared by the Government of Canada. Seniority will accumulate during such leave.

That hasn't happened since World War Two.

Edit: To correct a mis-quote.

No…quite the opposite.

The Winnipeg Free Press has chosen to vilify the convoy, along with any politician who decided to support it. One of our local MLAs has some not very complimentary words for a local MP. Freedom of expression in Canada exists only if you agree with the anti colonial, anti convoy, woke crowd. If you express any other view your racist etc. Some of the most racist people I've met were not Caucasian.

Nothing a couple wreckers can't take care of, if civi tow trucks won't do it, time to grab the wreckers from Suffield, Edmonton and Wainwright, head down and clear a path.

Nothing looks better than military people cleaning up a protest.

Update of my earlier statement:

So I now count one journalist, Candice Malcolm, Editor-in-Chief of True North, trying to identify Nazi guy.

How about it, MSM? CBC? RadioCanada? CTV? Global? TV4? Etc…

The Winnipeg Free Press has chosen to vilify the convoy, along with any politician who decided to support it. One of our local MLAs has some not very complimentary words for a local MP. Freedom of expression in Canada exists only if you agree with the anti colonial, anti convoy, woke crowd. If you express any other view your racist etc. Some of the most racist people I've met were not Caucasian.
You mean anti Anglo Caucasian male people?

I don't think anyone is condemning you for it. No need to try justify it.

'Those who stand ready also served'

Thank-you. Even my kid sister saw more of the world ( in uniform ) than I did.

Ummmm….they seem to go as far as…you know…a war zone.
View attachment 68439
To be fair, they're (usually) there under the protection of those they're with & covering (esp. embeds, but generally the case with authorized "drop in's" too) - could the convoy organizers guarantee the same? That said ...
... How about a follow-up on the parked truck with the 3% flag on the hood…show the plate…wait and interview the driver.
If the truck's still around, 1000% agree.
The media outlet reporting on/investigating the appearance has placed a $6,500 reward for the nazi flag persons identity.
FTFY - more from the True North Centre on what they've found so far on the person(s?) in question.

I'm well aware. That doesn't change the fact millions of Canadians are disenfranchised with our electoral process because is doesn't equally reflect the whole country.

Not fixing this will be detrimental to our future.
Since when has "our" future mattered to the Liberal Party when compared to "their" future chances of getting re-elected?

Back