• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Ex Vigilant Guardian

xander

Inactive
Reaction score
Website for the Ex is up http://www.army.forces.gc.ca/Exvigilantguardian/

In previous years I believe they used simunition. So I would guess it would be simunition again.

P.S. Jerrythunder, I told you I would find it eventually

Its a shame i'll be missing this years CAC. Despite quite a few snags, Stalwart Guardian 05 was a blast. A lot of work goes into the annual Exercises, and it shows.

Sh0rtbUs said:
Its a shame i'll be missing this years CAC. Despite quite a few snags, Stalwart Guardian 05 was a blast. A lot of work goes into the annual Exercises, and it shows.

You and me both. It was actually a really good go last year.

Looks interesting.    Its a real shame us out here in 34th Brigade don't get exercises like that....

jerrythunder said:
i take it no one knows for shure yet?

Elaborate?

(sorry, just realised you posted prior about simunition. i wouldnt be surprised if nobody knew until the last few days of prep)

Kinda sad that 34th & 35th brigades budget are in the shitter, we won't have a milcon this year.  :-[

No Simunition.

The budget is considerably lower than previous years, but it should still be a worthwhile ex.

As the guy that planned the aviation support for the three Stalwart Guardians, and is doing so for this one too, I'm gratified that at least a few think that these were good exercises. Yes, an awful lot of effort went into planning and running them.

Kinda sad that 34th & 35th brigades budget are in the shitter, we won't have a milcon this year.  Embarrassed

Are you fricken serious????  First Kodiak Strike 3 is cancelled, and now MilCon?    Why is the 34th so FUBAR compared to the other brigades?

Naralis, which regiment are you with?  Your profile is unfortunately rather empty.

It'll most be interesting to try to integrate new troops fresh from summer training into 3 block war mode... which is something that is not taught in SQ/DP1. (Unless I'm missing some info)

No MILES. You wouldn't believe what the rent on that is.

There is a minimum qualification for troops participating on the ex. I cannot remember what it is, though. I didn't pay attention to that bit as it's irrelevant to my part.

Loachman said:
No MILES. You wouldn't believe what the rent on that is.

There is a minimum qualification for troops participating on the ex. I cannot remember what it is, though. I didn't pay attention to that bit as it's irrelevant to my part.

As far as Communications Reserve Directives, For NCMs, the minimum requirement for field employment is Reserve Basic Military Qualification (BMQ(R)) and Reserve Soldier Qualification (SQ(R)).

Most of these guys will be employed at the HQ & Sigs Sqn as sentries, GD, etc.

I heard them say last year that there WOULD be MILES and Sim gear on VG! They cancelled all of that!? God damn. So is this purely a remake of Vigilant Thrust or something? Please, for gods sake, tell me theres going to be OBUA or SOMETHING exciting!

Money is always a limiting factor.

There are other real constraints as well, but a lot of work is going into making this a first-rate ex.

Back