• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Disresectful member of the US Forces.

X Royal

Inactive
Reaction score
As a former serving member of the Canadian Forces I'm completely discussed.
Just finished watching the opening of the LA / Vancouver NHL game.
During the Canadian national anthem the member of the US Forces standing beside the singer of the anthem was standing at at ease but when the US National anthem was sung he came to attention and saluted.
Complete disrespect period.

X Royal said:
During the Canadian national anthem the member of the US Forces standing beside the singer of the anthem was standing at at ease but when the US National anthem was sung he came to attention and saluted.

EBS? (Estimated bra size) ;D

Lets not make simple excesses for it.
Pure disrespect if not by the member than in his training system.

Bah, not untypical, he likely was not told by his CoC.  They not a very independent thinking bunch on stuff like this. Besides 99% of viewers did not notice.

Lightguns said:
Besides 99% of viewers did not notice.
It was a CBC broadcast so I hope more than 1% would notice but I could be wrong.
For those making excuses for this would you show a subordinate the same leeway if the situation occurred with them?
I hope not.

Who's to say that his CoC didn't correct him afterwards?  If he forgot/wasn't told/whatever in front of the camera, it'd be worse to correct him right there. 

There was another incident in 1992.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/flag-flap/article12901837/

I'm thinking that it's not a habit of the US military to do stuff like that.

I was wondering how long it would take for the World Series flag incident to be mentioned

X Royal said:

I was at a Remembrance Day Ceremony in Ma'sum Ghar years ago and the American contingent never saluted our anthem.  I don't know their regulations, but I don't think they are sticklers for officially paying respects to foreign anthems like we are.

I have to admit that this is much ado about nothing............."disrespectful" means a lot more to me than this.
Just my opinion, of course.

:panic:

Grrr....autocorrect.  That was supposed to be  :boring:

a)  the world still turns
b)  this gives us one more thing to pat ourselves on the back about, vis-a-vis our self-proclaimed superiority over the US
c)  once I completely finish sorting out my own troops, then I'll start on another country's soldiers.

Journeyman said:
c)  once I completely finish sorting out my own troops, then I'll start on another country's soldiers.

So, sometime next week then, eh?  :whistle:

X Royal said:
It was a CBC broadcast so I hope more than 1% would notice but I could be wrong.
For those making excuses for this would you show a subordinate the same leeway if the situation occurred with them?
I hope not.

Ever been to a game?  They're chewing gum, drinking beer, playing with iPhones and all the while
O Canada is playing.

Edit: if Canada disappeared from the planet it would be 3 days before the majority of Canadians noticed. All Canadians would notice when they did not get their next government entitlement cheque (EI, GST, etc).

Lightguns said:
All Canadians would notice when they did not get their next government entitlement cheque (EI, GST, etc).
Can you explain to me how EI is a government entitlement?
Last I knew it's not funded by the government at all.
Employees and employers fund it. Actually the government has been siphoning money out of the EI system for years.

So much butthurt, so few posts...

I have opened EI topic should you wish to discuss. I am interested in discussing it. There is much wrong with it.

Back