• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

DEO selection board

zein

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi everybody,

I applied for a Sig officer and after referring to my recruiter he told me that my file is at Station three which I have no idea what does this mean! I heard the selection board met by the mid of June for DEO and so far I heard nothing. Did somebody get the call ?
Thanks.

Word is that people from the May/June selection boards (myself included) will start hearing back at some point in July.

I'm applying for JAG and I was told that the May selection board was cancelled and they would be sitting sometime in July. If that goes well we get a second interview in September - is there a BOTC course that starts in Oct?

If that goes well we get a second interview in September - is there a BOTC course that starts in Oct?
From what my recruiter told me, the next BOTC is in January.

That's just nuts. Either there are not enough bodies to fill the spots or not enough staff to run a course.

No, I think that is pretty normal. From what I understand, BOTC is run two or three times a year. There is a need for only so many Officers in the forces. The NCM courses are run more frequently as there is a lot more people to train.

I understood that the BOTC ran in Sept and Jan. From the information I was provided, there were 16 positions for JAG for the 05/06 year. So I assume the need was there. What were the numbers for Sigs?

I believe there are 40 Sig Officer positions this round.

I heard there are a 13 DEO Sig officers for this round unless things changed. Anyway, that's a good news if they increased the number.

I have the results now.  PM me with your name and CFRC/D.  Legal board will review files in July and will invite some applicants to attend an interview board in Ottawa in Oct.  Physio Th and Dental boards will be in July.

kincanucks said:
I have the results now.   PM me with your name and CFRC/D.   Legal board will review files in July and will invite some applicants to attend an interview board in Ottawa in Oct.   Physio Th and Dental boards will be in July.

I also need the occupation(s) too.

Some DEO Selection Board results for those that are interested:

21 ARMD - 8 selected and 8 wait listed.
22 ARTY - 5 and 0.
23 INF - 41 and 0.
24 ENGR - 12 and 3.
31 ANAV - 9 and 5.
32 PLT - 34 and 0.
39 AEC - 7 and 0.
41 AERE - 8 and 5.
43 EME - 12 and 15.
46 AF ENGR - 4 and 5.
48 HCA - 3 and 5.
56 BIO - 1 and 2.
58 SOCW - 4 and 2.
66 PAO - 4 and 1.
72 PSEL - 4 and 0.
74 TDO - 6 and 3.
78 LOG - 23 and 24.
82 INT - 7 and 5.
83 CELE (A) - 5 and 0.
84 SIGS - 10 and 18.

Don't know what happened with 57 NUR and the naval occupations were done during the NOAB.  Cheers.

I was told that there were 16 ARMD positions open this year; does this mean they are all taken, or will new applicants get a chance this fall at the next Board? Will a wait-listed type get priority over my application once my security clearance is done, or do I get to compete with those guys this fall? I'm told my file will be before the next Board. Thanks very much for any assistance.

RNW said:
I was told that there were 16 ARMD positions open this year; does this mean they are all taken, or will new applicants get a chance this fall at the next Board? Will a wait-listed type get priority over my application once my security clearance is done, or do I get to compete with those guys this fall? I'm told my file will be before the next Board. Thanks very much for any assistance.

Unless one of the 8 that are wait listed drops out, any future fully processed applicants will be SOL until the 06/07 intake.

my hopes just flew out the window then. arg.  I applied for armoured, arty air defence and sig op. Any chance at all of getting selected for either of them during this year?

Fry said:
my hopes just flew out the window then. arg.   I applied for armoured, arty air defence and sig op. Any chance at all of getting selected for either of them during this year?

This thread is referring to officer occupation selection not NCM occupation selection.

If 0 were wait listed does that mean that all candidates who met the minimun requirements were offered positions?

Joe Blow said:
If 0 were wait listed does that mean that all candidates who met the minimun requirements were offered positions?

No some were not selected at all and others were selected for other occupations.

Ohhh... officers eh? Well.... did my chances of getting selected increase any? lol

Back