• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Crew Tent and webbing for sale

D

dusty131

I have a complete set of webbing as well as a ruck and a like new crew tent for sale...make me an offer  :cdn:

I bought the webbing years ago..I tent I purchased about a month ago

hi
I purchased the webbing years ago and bought the tent a few months ago.
Teddy Ruxpin said:
It begs the question:  where did you get it?

I thought the tent would be good for hunting.....
hi
I purchased the webbing years ago and bought the tent a few months ago.
Teddy Ruxpin said:
It begs the question:  where did you get it?
Nfld_Sapper said:
Still begs the question, why did you buy it?

Dusty:

There's a reason for us asking.  Unless the items you've mentioned have been disposed of properly through Crown Assets (and are marked - somewhere - as surplus), there's a possibility that they've been stolen from the military at some point in time.  You don't typically see current issue rucks, webbing and - especially - good crew tents in surplus stores.

I understand that.  I purchased the majority of my equipment from Harrisons in Vic BC.  I am moving now and need to make a little room

Ahhhh, that last response from Dusty131 sheds some useful light.....

Hmmmm.... the purchase was made at Harrison's military "surplus" store in Victoria.  The very same business that had several brand new, genuine-issue CADPAT Tactical Vests seized by the military police a year or so ago.  The investigation was based on complaints received about an eBay auction for Tac Vests with photos that clearly showed the Harrison's store sign in the background.

Given the above, I strongly suspect that Dusty's Crew Tent is stolen government property.  As others have noted, "near new" Crew Tents simply don't appear on the retail market as legitimate government surplus.  As it is, there are ongoing shortages of that particular tent within the CF supply system.

Dusty would be wise to ensure that he retains a copy of the original sales receipt from Harrison's.  He should also pass the original along to the new owner when the tent is sold.  Otherwise, the sale could come back to haunt everyone within the "sales chain".  Not that it would pain me to see Harrison's investigated yet again.  There appears to be a developing pattern.....

Just say'in....

However, the webbing and rucksack, assuming they're '82 pattern and not mint, shouldn't be a worry since they're being surplused all the time from damage to this or that.

I find this interesting as I was just at a wholesalers and was there when he opened the triwalls of surplus from Kingston in front of me and pulled out two nearly perfect 4 man recce tents. No D on them. Service tags saying they were servicable. Granted no poles but they are a D class item last I heard. Even had the carry bags in the same triwalls. I would not jump to conclusions when saying that it must be stolen just because a certain dealer sold it to this person

Thank you for the reply Sgt. I know it is a sensative issue here but military surplus has been worn by civies for many years and most of it brought from authentic surplus stores. From what I've seen, the military will throw something out for the most minor reason, sometimes these reasons don't need to be addressed by the civy and other times it is just a matter of a little needle and thread.

The '82 pattern is being surplused all over the place and some civies use it for hiking, hunting, etc. Same with the old OD clothing. The civy should not be pressed upon for wearing something that the Canadian government said is ok. If the government does not like it they can make it illegal.

Of course stolen equipment of any type is illegal as well as issue CADPAT which has not been surplused yet. Commercial CADPAT is of course a legal version made by the commercial market and wearable by anyone, even if they want to go around in full CADPAT pants, jacket, and pack...as long as they are not trying to pass themselves off as a member of the military.

Being a civy though, it still irks me when I see surplus clothing being worn with rank patches. Rank patches is like a cop badge, only those who were appointed that rank should be wearing it. And from my martial art training...sure anyone can buy a black belt, but you shouldn't wear it unless you are a black belt; where the gi whenever you like.

I totally understand but certain people should not jump to conclusions about things being stolen. For instance I just purchased via surplus a excellent condition ICE Cadpat gortex jacket, ditto pants, cadpat fleece pants, old and new version cadpat shirts and 2nd generation cadpat pants all via a triwall from surplus. It is all up on ebay right now. I am waiting for the MP's to visit me so that I can show them my reciept and dare them to arrest me for selling stolen stuff that came from government auction. Yes things get stolen and sold by military members and others. I personally do not have anything like that nor am I interested in selling it in my store. Unless I can get a receipt for it I will not buy it as it is not worth the hassle. I also bought the new mortermans gloves, cadpat goatskin combat gloves, fleece balaclavas etc. All from surplus. Go figure

So you, as a civvie, just bought all the ICE outerwear that I still haven't been issued as a reservist? How does that work?

Pte.Pinky said:
So you, as a civvie, just bought all the ICE outerwear that I still haven't been issued as a reservist? How does that work?

You Obviously do not know him... ;)

dileas

tess

You are correct. I have it and you do not. This is not the way it should be but that is the way the system works. I bought this in a triwall of surplus. Don't know why it ended up in surplus but it did. Typical military really. I just sold a pair of mortarmans gloves also which I picked up from the same place. Also have bought excellent condition kevlar helmets from the same sources. Go figure.

Back