• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CMMA - replacing the CP140 Aurora

“Ontario Premier Doug Ford and Quebec Premier Francois Legault this month echoed Bombardier's calls for an open bid, renewing their demand from the summer to "level the playing field" with a request for proposals.”

I’m having a hard time deciding who is stupider; the provincial politicians asking for an open request process (that was public and actually happened already), or GoC politicians who can’t seem to simply point that fact out. With links.

“Ontario Premier Doug Ford and Quebec Premier Francois Legault this month echoed Bombardier's calls for an open bid, renewing their demand from the summer to "level the playing field" with a request for proposals.”

I’m having a hard time deciding who is stupider; the provincial politicians asking for an open request process (that was public and actually happened already), or GoC politicians who can’t seem to simply point that fact out. With links.
The GoC politicians are the ones secretly pulling for Bombardier. They just can't come out and say that. You know Trudeau wants Bombardier. Or atleast delay to sometime in the far distant future.

Meanwhile, BBD has ensnared the CCC in its idiotic scheme: Canadian defense giants unite to create new patrol aircraft

This appears far from over.
That last para might as well been written by Bombardier.

I don’t have the time, nor the crayons, to explain all that is wrong with it.

Renowned for its adaptability, the Global aircraft family has been selected for over 10 distinct mission profiles globally. Its aptitude to operate seamlessly in all weather conditions with a full mission payload, coupled with unparalleled speed, range, endurance, and bolstered by a comprehensive 24/7 global support infrastructure, solidifies its status as a preferred platform across various mission requirements worldwide.

To be fair he did self-identify at the bottom of the article:
Agreed.

Also got a kick out of this
Simply put, the Canadian government should not just hand this business over to Boeing for an outdated aircraft built in the United States.

I guess an in service aircraft to him means outdated, while the non existent aircraft from Bombardier means cutting edge.

The rest of his diatribe just was equally moronic, and frankly as an American tax payer I really think I may start writing my Rep and Senator to do what we can to claw back the hundreds of billions of dollars we spend in Canada.

See…BBD hasn’t weaponized anything…that, right there, is the problem.

Wait…you were talking public relations, not warplanes?

I had to look up “Frank Baylis” to see if he was being paid by Bombardier for that article.

I also neither have the time, nor the crayons…
not paid by Bombardier but maybe a plant by the Laurentian gang to give Trudeau and co. a plausible out to avoid spending money on the military

not paid by Bombardier but maybe a plant by the Laurentian gang to give Trudeau and co. a plausible out to avoid spending money on the military right now
It’s not like they’re arguing to have nothing. Guaranteed we would spend more money if BBD was selected.

It’s not like they’re arguing to have nothing. Guaranteed we would spend more money if BBD was selected.
you could still end up with nothing or something that is worse than nothing since it would have to make do for several decades. The last two large a/c purchases (sikorsky, C295) have been much less than satisfactory and they want to go for a hat trick?

you could still end up with nothing or something that is worse than nothing since it would have to make do for several decades. The last two large a/c purchases (sikorsky, C295) have been much less than satisfactory and they want to go for a hat trick?

Sikorsky (CH-148, contracted in 2004) was followed by Herc J, C-17 and Chinook... all three arguably successes and all large a/c purchases.

Sikorsky (CH-148, contracted in 2004) was followed by Herc J, C-17 and Chinook... all three arguably successes and all large a/c purchases.

And all of them with long operational histories prior to purchase and open, foreign, production lines.

Yes but the Hercs, C17 and Chinooks were all bought by that big bad Harper. BOO!!!

Back