• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CANFORGEN 97/08 LDA FAQs

Moe as I stated and was explained by the CC of my unit the back pay for both years is set at what you are entitled to at each lvl. So if you were lvl 2 for both years then 4 (ish) a month x 24 months.

Or for some people as an example lvl 1x 12 months and then lvl 2 x 12...or any combination of months at one level or the other etc etc etc.

BulletMagnet said:
Moe as I stated and was explained by the CC of my unit the back pay for both years is set at what you are entitled to at each lvl. So if you were lvl 2 for both years then 4 (ish) a month x 24 months.

Or for some people as an example lvl 1x 12 months and then lvl 2 x 12...or any combination of months at one level or the other etc etc etc.

Seen, thanks.  Maybe they considered the other option originally.  I seem to remember the hubby saying something like that.  Alas, I am no longer in a qualifying unit.  :'(

SFB said:
George,
Its for my points entitlement. In my history of LDA entitled units, C Sqn was there, A Sqn was not. Not that makes a difference to me right now, but once I am posted back to a unit entitled environmental allowances, the 18 months worth of points will put me just under the 216 points req'd to max out.

Your clerks will have to do a historical check on you. Question everything with them. I did and it got me a few extra points that put me in the next bracket now, rather than later.

Does anyone know where someone can get these forms? I am now with a static unit but was with a field unit until July 2007. Clerks don't want to do a thing and say Ottawa will make the payment automatically. Is there any solid information out there how/if people who were posted after april 07?

meni0n said:
Does anyone know where someone can get these forms? I am now with a static unit but was with a field unit until July 2007. Clerks don't want to do a thing and say Ottawa will make the payment automatically. Is there any solid information out there how/if people who were posted after april 07?

:rofl:

Oh - they were being serious??  Hopefully someone will get you the form.  In the old days I would recommend inviting the clerk around the other side of the truck to discuss things with the tire iron but they say that is no longer allowed in the modern touchy feely military. Someone needs to get it through to them that Ottawa does not auto do the unit clerks work - nor does anyone in Ottawa have the means to do this as one of the main source docs for calculating allowance points is the pers file which is held at the unit - second most important source is the member. Computer records are not enough for these things as sometimes attach postings are not published - check your MPRR to see if yours are all there. I spent a year calculating points and almost every one was amended after talking to the member and receiving their pers files which had att-post messages not published to the computer.  Not sure about the army side but on the navy you also had the problem of members "loaned" to another ship that you had to watch for.  Had no luck getting the forms for you so far but will keep trying.  Waiting on response from a few contacts at army bases.  correction - received response and have forms - 10 in total that the clerks are supposed to use.  Now just have to figure best method to get them to you.

meni0n said:

Menion drop me a PM with an email addy and I will forward you the documents.  All you really need is the member questionaire but I have most of the guiding documents as well.

you also may want to point your clerks here:

ANNEX A
TO LFCO 11-60
Dated 1 Oct 2008

CLERKS RESPONSIBILITIES

4. Unit clerks will be required to complete the Clerk Checklist, (Annex C) and attach a copy of the mbrs MPRR for each member they support.  Annex D, outlines the step by step procedures that must be followed in order to ensure that each member’s points are calculated accurately and verified.

Count, do you have the link to the complete document, so that I can print it out and go have a talk with the clerk.

On of the other IR regforce guys here was actually told the amount coming in on his end month pay for this month.  He said he's "niveau 3" and will be expecting $2000 ish.  He gave me the number of the clerk to call on my base but I misplaced it.

sorry, won't let me attach the doc for some reason.

Online link is out of date - still has old reg on FOA.  Have notified them about the update.  The link is here when the get the update done:

http://lfcms.kingston.mil.ca/?sectionID=143000440000464&type=S&Lng=E

My Pay statement for End March has no Field pay on it.....

Hmmmm....I have heard lots of grumblings about this being cancelled...

Is it true? Good thing I didnt spend that money yet....lol

BDF - FOA replaced by LDA, check with your clerks to see if you qualify.

If the LDA is to be effective 1 Apr 09, that should mean our first pay statement with LDA on it would be 15 Apr 09, should it not??

my understanding is that the plan was to have it paid out end of March but it has now been delayed to mid Apr.  If the unit clerks have done everything they were supposed to do the entries would be already made into the system so you will not recieve FOA on your end Mar Pay either.

As I said that is only my understanding as thankfully I am not involvled directly in this wonderful adventure that all your clerks are so lucky to be and I know they are all so happy. Perhaps you should call them everyday and ask how the LDA is going just to hear how happy they are.  >:D

:fifty: is this your clerk today?

Actually we were told to leave the clerks alone wrt this issue unless we wanted a size 6 combat boot placed in one of our more intimate places...lol.
Apparently for 1 CMBG the money will be in the bank mid April...I saw the e-mail chain to prove it...

combatbuddha said:
Actually we were told to leave the clerks alone wrt this issue unless we wanted a size 6 combat boot placed in one of our more intimate places...lol.
Apparently for 1 CMBG the money will be in the bank mid April...I saw the e-mail chain to prove it...

I have a bridge in Brooklyn for sale.  >:D

Back