• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CANFORGEN 97/08 LDA FAQs

Its not just some clerk in Western Area.  Pers at the JSR are dealing with the  TCat/PCat issue too.  It would appear that this is an Ottawa thing.  Don't blame your local clerks!

I imagine they will have to look at the MELs on every TCat and PCat to determine if the member is eligible for the LDA.  IMHO, it wouldn't be right if someone who is unfit field received it.

PMedMoe said:
I imagine they will have to look at the MELs on every TCat and PCat to determine if the member is eligible for the LDA.  IMHO, it wouldn't be right if someone who is unfit field received it.

Not only who currently IS on MEL but likely who WAS on MELs....as this is all retroactive.

What a mess.

combatbuddha said:
Heaven for bid they ask these questions and review our MPRR with us with a copy of the TCat during our one on one LDA interview.

What is this "one on one" interview you speak of??

Bzzliteyr said:

We all got one at my unit, a clerk reviews your MPRR with you and explains LDA briefly.

I've done one.

Sometime after your first "group appointment" where you confirm whats on your MPRR you go do a short "one on one" appointment with a clerk.

It's a 5 minute thing where clerk says "these are how many points you have, this is how much you're getting backpay, sign here, sign here, have a nice day."

I did mine last month.

There is no blame, only the result.
Another check in the box during the form filling and subsequent interviews would have been nice, rather than an 11th hour e-mail stating that all T and PCats were under review for entitlement. Seems kinda dodgey,
But hey, it'll just accumulate from here, right?

Lone Wolf AT said:
Thanks I did know that.  Thank you anyway though.  Bzzliteyr I have heard the schools are going to be getting it now.  Yeah I know Rumint et al

You heard wrong.

Lone Wolf AT said:
Base Shilo has yet to implent this.  Can't speak for the BN or Regt.
While I can't speak for the Bn, I can confirm that 1RCHA has processed the LDA paperwork and we will begin seeing our LDA allotments as of the 15 April pay. Not sure whether or not that includes the backpay though.

reccecrewman said:
Well, I just checked the EMAA site today, it's NOW official.... LDA is in.

Just a heads up, it is not in for all.  Those people with odd circumstances (attach posted to a LDA unit) may or may not have it.

Hell I haven't even had my interview yet.  Same with the others entitled in the shop

now does anyone here know when the higher-ups will sort out the ppl currently on TCAT and correct their LDA so they receive the LDA their entitled to? I was injured while on TF108 came home had to wait for surgery - rec'd the surgery went on TCAT while attending Physio - now I noticed the pay for Mid April shows the LDA being put on the mid April's cheque but then taken right off.  I'm not too worried about the months I was on TCAT I understand the whole not able to go to field - but I'm confused as to why I wouldn't receive the LDA for the months I was in fact in the field or field ready.
  Any Suggestions would be appreciated.  Oh and I have seen one clerk - who said their not too sure whats going on. 
Thanks!

does anyone here know when the higher-ups will sort out the ppl currently on TCAT and correct their LDA so they receive the LDA their entitled to? I was injured while in Afghanistan, came home had to wait for surgery - rec'd the surgery went on TCAT while attending Physio - now I noticed the pay for Mid April shows the LDA being put on the mid April's cheque but then taken right off.  I'm not too worried about the months I was on TCAT I understand the whole not able to go to field - but I'm confused as to why I wouldn't receive the LDA for the months I was in fact in the field or field ready.
  Any Suggestions would be appreciated.  Oh and I have seen one clerk - who said their not too sure whats going on. 
Thanks!

Since you already asked this question here, was it necessary to post it again?

Im new to this posting thing and I thought my orgional was posted to a dead thread it looked like there was not any activity since my origional post so I made a new topic. 

Well, sometimes answers don't show up as quickly as you'd like.  You only posted that last night.  Double posting is frowned upon here.

Back