• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadian Police Memorial in Ottawa/ Pub night

zipperhead_cop

Army.ca Veteran
Inactive
Reaction score
On Sunday September 24, 2006 the annual Canadian Police/Peace Officers' Memorial will be held again at Parliament Hill.  Typically, this is an all weekend event.  The Windsor Police Honour Guard Unit will be in town on the preceding night, and I was hoping to tag up with any of the Ottawa and area members for a pub night.  If it would help in the co-ord, I am including the link to some of the social events planned for that weekend:

http://www.cpoma.com/memorialservice.html

As I have only ever been to Ottawa once (last year and for some reasons I have patchy memories  8)) and I would be hoping that some of you locals could suggest something for either the Friday or Saturday night for some tasty bevvies. 
Hopefully we can cobble something together.  Surely, the GTA members are not the only ones who can coordinate drinking?  ;D

:cheers:

I'm in...co-ord will have to wait however. I'm still trying to pack for VG.
Let the planning start after the ex. We can probably get a few COAs thought out.

Cheers

Time to start planning.  Let's get the ball rolling.  Poppa you're lead on this I beleive.

Zipperhead.................i'll be attending the memorial this year and would love to hook up for a bevy or two.  I know that most go to the OPS association lounge called Russell's, but if we find another place, we could  definetly meet up with others.

BBJ, (will you be wearing your evening gown again? ;) )
ACK.

I'm swimming in it now (work wise). However, as of next week I should be able to come up with some sort of plan. Esp relevant this year as Cpls Payne and Dinning will be added to the monument.
As a preliminary COA how about Darcy's again?

I just got a new Kilt in time to show it off!  Darcy's is good with me.  One of our guys is returning tomorrow night from Afghanistan a little early and if he can get up and around I will drag him along with me.

Can we at least pin this down to a night?  I would prefer Friday, since I have had the joy of parade hangover too many times.  Plus, we will unfortunately be presenting for John Atkinson, so I don't want to be a f-up on parade even more so. 

works for me too....................what time and where?

If you don't mind having a civy around, I'd love to have a few beers with you guys.

How's about 1830-1900ish 22 Sep 06?
I can call later on this week and arrange reservations.

Thoughts,concerns,complaints?

done Poppa, all I need to know is where this place is and ill see ya'll there!

Poppa said:
How's about 1830-1900ish 22 Sep 06?
I can call later on this week and arrange reservations.

Thoughts,concerns,complaints?

Sounds good, although I am not 100% on my timings once I am checked in.  Can you post on some sort of map to the place?  I think I'm staying at the Minto Suites.

Never fear we'll get you there!  I spoke with HitorMiss today and he will try to make it.

zipperhead_cop said:
Can you post on some sort of map to the place?  I think I'm staying at the Minto Suites.

You really don't want a Lt messing about with maps now do you?  ;D

Back