• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadian Police Memorial in Ottawa/ Pub night

:cheers:+ :cheers: =  :blotto:
Many thanks to those who came out. Didn't matter if there was only 4 of us. By tye end of the night I was seeing double anyways.
MP811 and Zipperheadcop see you on sunday. DDay 34 good luck with the application

very good time had by all I would think.  It was great meeting you guys and I hope to see you all again soon.  That night after I finally got back, I ended up pulling the pipes out at 0330 hrs and playing on the balcony.  The night security guy actually ran out and stood in the middle of Albert St, pointing at us saying he was going to call the cops if we didn't settle down.  I think 13 different badges came out at that point with someone yelling, "which police service do you want???"  Man was he pissed!  I dont think we're welcome back their next year....lol. 

Didn't see you guys on Sunday though as by the time we got to the muster, we formed up right away.  I will say however, that the Branch was WELL represented!  I was with the Toronto Police guys and I overhead several guys state "now those guys are sharp!"

You did us proud MP's, you did us proud!

Understandable.  You take it easy and we'll see you next year!

Just rolled in.  The usual police cannon ball run out of Ottawa was hampered by the rain and it took us 9 hours to get back (with only two stops  :P )
Great meeting you guys too.  Hope you all had a good time at the Ottawa Police Club (both nights for some of us  ;D )  I think I will try to find a piper any time I go out from now on to bring pipes to the bar.  Everything is better with pipes! 
MP811, sorry I missed you at the Hill.  We were one of the first ones marched off and then doubled back to get some pictures with John's widow and then went into the reception.  Got to meet the Lt. Col of the MP's, the MP RSM of 41 Brigade and grabbed a photo op with Stockwell Day!  That and a platters worth of little sandwiches, Parliament seems a little less of a drag now.  ;)  I missed the CDS by a few minutes. Dang it!
You can bank on next year at this time.  Plus, we are going to try to convince our Chief that we should get to go to the US National Memorial in Washinton DC next year.  That is usually in May. 
You guys that missed out missed a really good time, but it won't be the only good time. 
Now, if only we could get a Windsor Pub night going...

MP 811 said:
very good time had by all I would think.  It was great meeting you guys and I hope to see you all again soon.  That night after I finally got back, I ended up pulling the pipes out at 0330 hrs and playing on the balcony.  The night security guy actually ran out and stood in the middle of Albert St, pointing at us saying he was going to call the cops if we didn't settle down.  I think 13 different badges came out at that point with someone yelling, "which police service do you want???"  Man was he pissed!  I dont think we're welcome back their next year....lol. 

Didn't see you guys on Sunday though as by the time we got to the muster, we formed up right away.  I will say however, that the Branch was WELL represented!  I was with the Toronto Police guys and I overhead several guys state "now those guys are sharp!"

You did us proud MP's, you did us proud!

Hah. Wish I could have seen his face.

For those MPs interested,  I hosted a Police Memorial here in Kandahar where we paid tribute to Matt and Randy, as well as the other Canadian Police Officers killed in the line of duty this year. We hosted the Brits, US, and the Afghan National Police - they each laid a wreath, along with the RCMP, us and the Comd. PM me with your work email account, and I'll send along some pics.

JTQ
'In the Sandbox'

Back