• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Cadets vs Boy Scouts (role, "child soldiers", etc.)

Cadets is a youth organization with three aims,
1. devolop citizenship
2. develop physical fitness
3. stimulate an intrest in the canadian forces

Though I will agree that the cadet system is sometimes too easy, The government has to be cautious. Most cadets have heard stories of when things got too hard, end eventually got out of hand. It is an issue that has been talked about throughout the cadet system for years and it isn't going to change anytime soon. If you don't like it there are a few things you can do. Write a letter to the director of cadets. Join the reserves (you can join at the age of 16).

To anyone who say thay seen the same form idea means it's popure and the depine of cadets has gone down when I give orders I want them done.I want I talk a LAC's he doesn't stan at attention.

P.S LAC's are like an army CPl.

Exactly!!!!!  Not only are cadets civilians, but even CIC (although they are members of the CF) CAN'T be deployed.  They can also NOT transfer to a PRes unit or the Reg F.  They do not have to meet the same standard that all other members of the CF do.  Basically, they are just barely members of the CF.

You're wrong a cadet in my SQN  ask this question and they can be deployed it's just not likely of this happing. 

http://www.cadets.forces.gc.ca/about-nous/intro_e.asp

"Many people think of Cadets as preparation for a career in the military, but it is really about preparing for life; about developing the skills, the qualities and the confidence that will allow these young people to prosper and contribute to the Canada of tomorrow."
     â ”Art Eggleton, former Minister of National Defence

"Cadets are not part of the Canadian Forces, nor is there any expectation for them to join the military."

Cadets are civilians. They are members of a federally-sponsored youth program that operates under the guidance and support of the the CF, but cadets are NOT part of the CF as individuals. Cadets CANNOT be "deployed" under any circumstances.

Sgt Fitzpatrick, what would a CIC officer do on an operational tour. People that go overseas generally have a skill to add. There are no cadets in an operational theater therefore there you be no need for a CIC officer. Not that it couldn't happen, for instance, take a former Reg soldier that is currently serving in the CIC has a special skill that is required for a mission then he may deploy because if his former service. The CIC does not incorperate soldier skills into thier basic training as they (the CIC) are for domestic use.  Even deploying reserves to operational tour on anything beyond a personnel augmentation is extremely problematic.
Now, I want to make a comment to those out there who have been talking about thier time as staff cadet... to most of you you must have had some poor guidence because a contract that you sign with conditions that you must comply with, does not...does not consitute being under the Service Code of Discipline. Please do not mistake dealing with the MPs as being under the NDA. The MPs have the authority to act as peace officers within thier jursidiction (usually the military base) They can investigate for offences contrary to the NDA and CCC. The MPIR would then be provided to the civilian authorities or the military in the case of a military member. Bottom line MPs are the town cops for a military base (if you are a civilian).
Finally, DND civialian employees can be subject to the NDA in such cases as overseas deployments. However, they cannot be charged in our summary trial proceedues and must be referred to courts martial. 
Sorry, that was a rant.

Sgt.Fitzpatrick said:
To anyone who say thay seen the same form idea means it's popure and the depine of cadets has gone down when I give orders I want them done.I want I talk a LAC's he doesn't stan at attention.

First off, HUH?

P.S LAC's are like an army CPl.

Second, LAC's are equal to army Privates.

There are no equivalent ranks between the Air, Sea or Army cadets. Theres not an equal rank structure like the Reg Force.

521 said:
There are no equivalent ranks between the Air, Sea or Army cadets. Theres not an equal rank structure like the Reg Force.
well after looking at the different programs and looking at general consensus- I've put together a pretty close estimate http://www.cadets.net/pra/6air/rank_e.htm

Ranks Between Air And Army
                                  AIR                  Army

RCT                  CDT 
                                  AC                  PTE
                                  LAC                  CPL
                                  CPL                M/CPL
                                  SGT                  SGT
                                F/SGT              WO
                                  WO2              MWO
                                  WO1              CWO

THANK YOU SCOTT!!!!!

On that note......

TARGET....TARGET STOP!

What a waste of bandwidth   ::)

What a waste of bandwidth again..... ::)

Are you "troops"  for real? If your corps isn't up to par for physical fitness or dress and deportment, it's YOUR job to get it sorted out and if need be, approach your CO and Trg O and get them to fire your sorry excuse as a leader.

It's what you as a cadet make your corps into. If you want to stuff your face with fat pills and get promoted to LAC then have at 'er.

The backbone of ANY cadet corps is it's Snr NCOs. If you find cadets too soft....fix it.

Something about Esprite de Corps comes to mind.

Regards

Scout aren't that bad I was scout I learn a lot of things from it that helped me in cadets but cadets are better.

Sgt.Fitzpatrick said:
                                                                       Ranks Between Air And Army
                                  AIR                    Army

RCT                   CDT  
                                   AC                    PTE
                                  LAC                   CPL
                                  CPL                  M/CPL
                                  SGT                   SGT
                                 F/SGT                WO
                                  WO2                MWO
                                  WO1                CWO

Come one, think about this logically. Does an air cadet recruit get any badge? NO! an army private DOES therefore they are unequal! Why do you say that only air cadets have recruits? are you born an army cadet? does it magically get bestowed upon you? NO! you join as a recruit! cpl's are cpl's EITHER WAY!!!!! They may not be 100% transferable, but there are some basic things that are agreed upon throughout the 3 elements.

like I put the link in my last post- that table was thought up after much heated debate and discussion on another forum I frequent. I then took a look at the different program and respective trg and came a to a pretty good equivlancy chart.

I agree with the chart that you posted but not the bollacks Sgt.Fitzpatrick posted.

"Mommy, the intructers insulted me, yelled at me and made me fell like shat"

If cadets are like this thay should be in cadets if they are to soft then they shouldn't be in cadets. :crybaby:

You jackass, I've been in cadets for nearly 6 years! I've taught for the past two! Trust me, if you think someone shouldn't be in cadets if they can't take being yelled at, you're wrong. Many people join to increase their bloody selfesteem! Don't believe me? I was one of them! If you treat cadets the way you want to enrollment will go down dracsticly. In case you didn't know that will effect you since the number of cadets in the unit governs how many camps the unit gets. If you think cadets are too "soft" wait till you're 16 and join the reserves.  If your unit doesn't do enough talk to the officiers! Don't bother complaining about it over a forum on the net.

Do ypu know the aims of cadets?
1) Promote good citizenship. That cadets does.
2) Promote physical fitness. Chech again.
3) Promote intrest in the __________ arm of the canadian forces. We do that too!
Wow, cadets must be really soft if it meets all the aims in an environment that doesn't mentally destroy 12 year olds!  ::)

I guess it's cadets like our friend Sgt.Fitzpatrick who make us look bad. Now iI have my answer to my other thread. (the one entitled "legitimate continuation............")

This thread is going nowhere.  Back to your rooms children....

Back