• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Cadets vs Boy Scouts (role, "child soldiers", etc.)

the_midge said:
Well, I agree it would be dishonest to say that it has absolutely NO influence on youths who are involved. Those who have been exposed to the organization might take more of an interest in the military, depending on how much they enjoyed their cadet experience. But the article seems to imply that these youths are being aggressively sought after by the CF...and that they are somehow being conditioned against their will. Of course this is obviously not true, as these youths are still mature and intelligent enough to make their own decisions in regards to their future profession. As a former member of the CIC, there was never any hidden agenda to encourage the kids to join the military. Then again, I suppose I'm preaching to the choir right now, as any of you who are former cadets already knows this.

Edited for spelling mistakes.

That pretty much sums it up. I'll not deny that my time in cadets motivated me even further to join the forces, but then again i wanted to join the CF from a very young age anyway.

The incongruous said:
The youth wear a (military-style) uniform, are conditioned with drill to obey unquestionably to their officers, and learn how to use weapons.

Based on that kind of description, you can include any youth active in the boy scouts/girl guides, martial arts, or a sports team where they hold a stick such as hockey/lacrosse/field hockey/ringette/badminton/baseball/etc...  ::)

Heh, My Cadets Squadron was the first in Canada to get a street/road named out of it. Basically, we help around our town alot.

239 RCACS REPRESENT!

EpicWindz said:
Heh, My Cadets Squadron was the first in Canada to get a street/road named out of it. Basically, we help around our town alot.

239 RCACS REPRESENT!

Just curious, were you still a cadet in 2008?  ;D

Back