• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CadetPat field uniform

Status
Not open for further replies.
its not just for army cadets in Vancouver, everyone in pac region can wear it as far as I know.

sombody awhile back made a statement about wearing a brassard on this uniform, you cant, the CDN. Flag is sewn on and theres no cloth flap on the shoulder

I dont think they have the slip ons made yet.  You could go and buy a regular cadpat slip on from a surplus store and just wear that.  They issued the CSMs in Vernon the cadpat ones.

ryanmann356 said:
I dont think they have the slip ons made yet.  You could go and buy a regular cadpat slip on from a surplus store and just wear that.  They issued the CSMs in Vernon the cadpat ones.
Because, you know.  Wearing the CADET issued slip-ons is so hard.

ryanmann356 said:
I dont think they have the slip ons made yet.   You could go and buy a regular cadpat slip on from a surplus store and just wear that.   They issued the CSMs in Vernon the cadpat ones.
I dont think that would sit well with CF members.

p_imbeault said:
I dont think that would sit well with CF members.
Probably not, but in Pac Region, all you have to do is have a CADET tab sewn on to the slip on, and it is allowed. Whether the CF members like it or not.

Big Foot said:
Question, why is he wearing a real CF MWO slip on?

Not sure of why a cadet would be wearing badges that in fact are not cadet issue. What I have been told is that he should have been wearing the normal Cadet MWO slip-ons. Leave the Cadpat badges to the Regs and Reserves. What badge on this MWO is to identify him as being a cadet and not a Reg/Res? Maybe his beret badge, but that is even not cadet issue. Cadet beret badges are metal according to NDHQ. It seems like cadets wear whatever they feel like these days.
Have seen cadets in German Marquardt & Schulz pattern, American Woodland, British/Dutch DPM, South Korean and even South Vietnamese Tiger Stripes combats. It makes for a very interesting 3rd world revolutionary look.

BeenThereSeenThat said:
Cadet beret badges are metal according to NDHQ. It seems like cadets wear whatever they feel like these days.

You're incorrect. The badge was created, like embriodered CF badges for senior NCOs, officer for Cadets in leadership roles. They are distributed from D Cdts to CSTCs as requested. Vernon didn't even have enough this summer and they were flown in from Ottawa.

Also, I'd argue Cadets are doing the best now that they've ever done following the dress regulations properly. At least in the last few years.

Do you have any other examples of Cadets wearing whatever they want?

Kyle Burrows said:
Because, you know.   Wearing the CADET issued slip-ons is so hard.
Or you can wear that, but it wouldnt be practical in the field when your trying to hide.

What are you hiding from?  :p
Anyway if you feel it is so necessary to completely conceal yourself why not take off the epaulet and stick it in your pocket until your done "hiding".

p_imbeault said:
What are you hiding from?   :p
Anyway if you feel it is so necessary to completely conceal yourself why not take off the epaulet and stick it in your pocket until your done "hiding".

Cam/.Concealment is still a Cadet PO... while obviously some of you feel it's a joke many Corps enjoy it and it adds interest to their training.

Dane try as I might I have just scanned quickly over the RCAC Refernce Book, and could not find Cam and Concealment anywhere. What is the PO #? In my 3 years as a Army Cadet I've never actually been given a lesson on Cam and Concealment, I've know the basics from using the Internet and applied it a couple times hunting, but figured that it was long gone from the Cadet Movment, but maybe I just missed it.

p_imbeault said:
Dane try as I might I have just scanned quickly over the RCAC Refernce Book, and could not find Cam and Concealment anywhere. What is the PO #? In my 3 years as a Army Cadet I've never actually been given a lesson on Cam and Concealment, I've know the basics from using the Internet and applied it a couple times hunting, but figured that it was long gone from the Cadet Movment, but maybe I just missed it.

The ref book isn't a complete guide to Army Cadet training.

Like the patrolling you do in CLI (I don't know if they do it in CL anymore, I didn't go on the FTX) it fits into the catagory of:
- taught only at the CSTC
- or lessons that still exist in the programme's MLP but aren't really easily accessible (like Cadets hunting).

p_imbeault said:

He's right. Cam and Concealment used to be part of Fieldcraft, which went the way of the dodo, when they brought in the new Reference and Star pams, and got rid of the plastic covered, ringed, monstrosities.

Now it is mostly taught from memory by a dying race of senior ncos that remember those old books.

Argh I can't modify my posts b/c I was bad... so here's another post...

If you take a look at CSTC Course Training Plans (I'm not sure if they're online?) it's a very good way to see a lot of Army Cadet Training material that isn't covered in the reference book or at the LHQ's annual Cadet Training Plan.

If you can't find them they're available at Pubs in Proffesional Development at VACSTC in the summer.

Dane said:
You're incorrect. The badge was created, like embriodered CF badges for senior NCOs, officer for Cadets in leadership roles. They are distributed from D Cdts to CSTCs as requested. Vernon didn't even have enough this summer and they were flown in from Ottawa.

Also, I'd argue Cadets are doing the best now that they've ever done following the dress regulations properly. At least in the last few years.

Do you have any other examples of Cadets wearing whatever they want?

Thank you for the reply to the cap badge issue. After just talking to a contact at Corporate Services at DCdts here in Ottawa. Corporate Services deals with all badges and uniforms for the cadet leagues. They informed me that this badge is not from them, nor is issued from Logistiks in Montreal. Now this leaves the question of where the cap badge is from?

BeenThereSeenThat said:
Thank you for the reply to the cap badge issue. After just talking to a contact at Corporate Services at DCdts here in Ottawa. Corporate Services deals with all badges and uniforms for the cadet leagues. They informed me that this badge is not from them, nor is issued from Logistiks in Montreal. Now this leaves the question of where the cap badge is from?

If these are not allowed how come there are so many out there?  Every Cadet Sergeant Major in Blackdown had one.  At least when I was in cadets.  I'm not arguing any points, just asking the question.  I haven't seen the CATO's on it.

BeenThereSeenThat said:

It comes from D Cdts... I assume that a "big" organization but the badges get sent straight to the CSTCs from D Cdts, apparently they shouldn't be in the supply system of the individual CSTCs. They come in the same "baggie" as an RCACC "cookie cutter" (the brass you refered to in the original post) but I obviously didn't keep that. It probably had a # on it that could be used to find it. I would assume they made a large quantity at once, or else it would be a waste of money. RMNACSTC, VACSTC, BCSTC all use them, I think Valcartier does too. Not sure about the rest.

As a side not in my searches for pictures of the CSMs at Argo I noticed Cadets doing unsheethed sword drill. What's up with that?

... and I just looked and in 2004 argo wasn't using them. I think they came out in 2002 or 2003? Or that's when I first noticed them.

The first use of the cloth RCACC cap badge that I remember is in 2003.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back