• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Boot, General Purpose (Mk III acting/interim replacement)

PteGDD said:
You forgot shower thongs, Mucks, and the retarded rubber over boots.

I'll give you the mukluks...I did forget them. But I got the Boots, Rubber Clumsy to which you refer!!

But not the shower thongs...you buy them yourself

davidhmd said:
Do snowshoes count? I do need new boots... I wonder if Halifax will give me anything fancy or if I should just wait until I get back to Ottawa...  ;)

Just go to Ottawa.... trust me.

The Librarian said:
I'll give you the mukluks...I did forget them. But I got the Boots, Rubber Clumsy to which you refer!!

Which Boots, Rubber Clumsy, Shiney or Dull?  Or are the Shiney ones gone now?

Anyone remember the wet weather boots they used to have in the late 60s and early 70s

Huge hunk of rubber that would weigh a ton - would not bend at the ankle - the only positive part would be that you only had to wiggle your toes while in a defensive position to generate heat.

Vern
you forgot the NBC booties

also - WRT the galoshes
there are the Combat galoshes for the Mk IIIs and there are the galoshes for the service shoes

And dont forget the Desert Safety Combat Boot, or Boot Desert Safety Combat, or Combat Boot Safety Desert...

Anyway, tan ones with steel toes...

And now for the whiny token reservist question- When do I get cadpat boots??  :blotto:

PatrickO said:
And now for the whiny token reservist question- When do I get cadpat boots??  :blotto:

I am Reg Force.. I don't even have these boots or even jacket in CADPAT.   ;D

Edit due I can't spell while even sober. That is really bad.

Well, I saw a set of the cadpat boots in wainwright last week.  I don't know how the gentleman got them, but it must be true!!

Not sure if they are in the system or not.  Perhaps Librarian could shed some light on this.  Pers have been "trailing" them for years now though. 

Lone Wolf Quagmire said:
Not sure if they are in the system or not.  Perhaps Librarian could shed some light on this.  Pers have been "trailing" them for years now though. 

I thought I had posted this somewhere already...but alas my Oldsheimers may be catching up with me (GAP....shhhh!!).

Cadpat boots are a go. 2 pairs per soldier. Roll-out for initial issues begins this summer (mid-June is the more specific time-frame I recd 2 weeks ago from CTS). I have no idea what the pri Bases for initial distribution are as I've still not seen the official distribution plan. I imagine though it will be the normal RegF serving in Land Force positions (by Op Pri manning ), then ResF, then others within other enviornments.

I just checked the CTS Project site again...and still no update posted onto it but my info above does come from the project office of CTS.

Librarian:

Does this mean that we will see a phase out of the Mark III?

Big_Rifleman said:
Does this mean that we will see a phase out of the Mark III?

Not yet. But I'd presume that eventually that will occur. We now officially have MkIII combat boots, cadpat boots, WW Boots, and combat boots General purpose.

That's 8 pair right there. I'd expect some sort of phase out of the MkIIIs will occur at some point in time, but nothing official to date.

Vern

Whats the difference between "Combat Boots, General Purpose", and "Combat Boot, MkIII"?

I know what MK IIIs are, I thought they were one and the same.

Big_Rifleman said:
Whats the difference between "Combat Boots, General Purpose", and "Combat Boot, MkIII"?

I know what MK IIIs are, I thought they were one and the same.

Nope, different beasts all together.

Try page one of this thread, the GP Cbt Boots are what this thread is all about. There's even pics of them...and they resemble the WW Boot.

Vern

Hmmm... Maybe I can snag a pair while I'm in Gagetown for IODP 1.1 this summer  ^-^

Librarian, what's the chances of getting a set of those for me who's going out on tf 03-07?

Bzzliteyr said:
Librarian, what's the chances of getting a set of those for me who's going out on tf 03-07?

Sorry, we haven't got your size!!  >:D

;D

Back