• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Body Piercings

I personally am not a fan of generic tattoos, in other words, the basic design you pick off the wall that everyone seems to have. If I personally am gonna drop at least 100 bucks on a tattoo, I might as well make it an orginal design in some way, even if its changing something slight. My four leaf clover is pretty simple, hard to make your own spin on it, but I had the clover itself drawn out differently, and had it coloured more realistic..(8 different shades of green), compared to the cartoon looking irish tats you normally see. 

I am eventually gonna put the word DILLIGAF underneath, kind of a life philosophy of mine, as well as a inside joke between myself and a late friend of mine. My advice to friends of mine, who have gotten tats in the past, that later decide that they aren't big fans of, is look into getting a cover up done, its cheaper than surgury, and you end up with a piece of art that you like. It's not always possible to get cover ups with some tattoos, some artists won't do them having the philosophy of not wanting to touch or mess with other peoples work.

Of course doing it right the first time, is always by far the best option. 

I agree and I want to get more ink added to the existing tat. It shouldn't be to hard to design something around a small black and white Ying Yang. :-[

ArmyVern said:
Uh yep, I have a personal story but nuff said about that one.  ;D

But, I could tell you the story about this one time one of the girls who was in clothing was serving a very high ranking soldier ... and he and I both noticed her tongue ring at the same time. The look of horror on her face almost outdid ours. It was a quick trip to the CSMs office; I had warned her before.

Moral: Never go out partying on week nights and need to rush into work the next morning thereby forgetting to remove shiny thing from tongue.

This didn't happen to be in Victoria about 8 yrs ago?

I am surprised no one mentioned the "addictivness" of getting pierced or tattooed.  The adrenaline rush, that comes from getting tattoos done (and probably piercings, although I don't have any so I am not to sure), has a pretty powerful effect on some people.  I know many people, and I include myself who have said once they got their first tattoo done, they knew almost immediately they wanted to get another and another and another.  I don't think your going to get a simple anwers about why people get body mods Roy.  Body Modification (tattooing/piercing/scarification etc) has been going on for centuries in cultures all over the world, for a wide variety of reasons.  I have seen countless books (some written by the like of university types for anthropolgy classes) articles, documentaries etc, that have explored tattooing alone, the history, the taboos, cultural aspects behind it etc.  Are there people out there who get these things done solely because of the "in" factor or on a drunken whim, sure there are, I have seen plenty.  Heck the whole reason why most tattoo shops have all sorts of flash is exactly for these type of people.  So didn't really answer your question, but I hope I at least gave you some insight.

Back