• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMQ Reserves 2010 - 2017

BinRat55 said:
Sounds like you have a decent grip on the situation, and keep that attitude - yes, your CoC is important, but your people are your people. Eventually you will be a boss and remember how you were treated as a young Pte. Good or bad, we all learn how to treat people from how we ourselves are treated.

I wish you luck on the birth of your chicklet and in your career as well!

Thanks BinRat!

Received confirmation from my CoC that indeed, Officer Candidates and NCMs will be partaking in this course. George is correct.

It was mentioned that the location will differ as the course progresses, so Week 7 might be held at a different location than Week 1.

Anyone else with completed NCM file still waiting to get loaded on Toronto Oct 30 combined BMQ/BMOQ? Also, I was wondering, since Oct 2 BMQ is at Fort York, doesn't that mean Fort York is "taken" now? So the Oct 30 BMQ will be somewhere else?

Just got my notice that I'll be joining up with this BMQ at Fort York. Is there a facebook group created already and if not maybe we should get one together?

Otherwise, see you all in two weeks!

chipinator said:
Just got my notice that I'll be joining up with this BMQ at Fort York. Is there a facebook group created already and if not maybe we should get one together?

Otherwise, see you all in two weeks!

Congrats, that's encouraging. How were you contacted? Let me see if I hear something soon, and we can create a fb group if we can get enough people together here.

I think CFRC Toronto just sent out a pretty large email this morning, notifying people about BMQ at Fort York

chipinator said:
I think CFRC Toronto just sent out a pretty large email this morning, notifying people about BMQ at Fort York

I didn't get anything. When are your swearing in and kit pickup dates? Thanks.

They're getting my swear-in figured out but otherwise no news on kit pick-up...I believe we do that on the first weekend? Correct me if I'm wrong somebody

Initial kitting is done the first weekend of BMQ/BMOQ this time around.

Lots of waiting the first few days from what I hear.

I just completed the first weekend of my BMQ course. I will use this thread to talk about my experiences. Feel free to ask any questions about each weekend.

We got our schedule for the rest of the course and in total it will last 12 weekends (including the one that I just completed). This will bring us to the weekend of 18-March expecting to graduate on 20-March. We have a 4 week break over the Christmas holidays, as a result Nov/Jan have 3 weekends of course while December only has 1 weekend.

Day 1: Up at 0450, brush teeth, shave (if you have time) and get ready for morning PT. We did baseline testing on day 1 using stations. Burpees, Push-ups, Squats, Pull-ups and sit-ups. In 5 weekends or so we will be retested to ensure we are making progress. After PT, the first day was mainly "Drill". For those that don't know, drill is coming to attention, standing at ease and standing easy. From there you build upon standing at attention by learning how to properly turn while in formation (45 degrees called an Incline Turn, 90 degrees called a Turn, and 180 degrees called an About Turn). Once turns are drilled into your head/muscles you will begin to learn how to March, Halt, Mark Time, and turn while Marching in Formation. This was mostly completed on the first day in between classroom lessons where we learned about CAF rules and regulations etc. In order to train effectively, we were split into 5 sections with each section having 8/9 guys/girls. As far as I know you will remain in your section for the remainder of the course.

Day 2: Up at 0445, brush teeth, shave then morning PT. This time we did a relay race with our sections using stretchers and water jugs. Afterwards you have 45 minutes to shower and get ready for inspection. It's a good idea to prepare for inspection as much as you can the night before. Lay out your uniform and get your boots polished because you won't have time after PT. After inspection we learned more drill as well as Marching with our entire platoon (all 5 sections together). In the late morning/early afternoon we started weapons safety and handling. How to properly conduct group safety checks as well as individual safety checks. This is very important so make sure you are paying close attention and take these lessons very seriously.

Overall the first weekend was pretty good. Inspections weren't too bad but I have a feeling they will get more and more detailed as we progress through the course. Also, the food was actually quite good. Not sure how it will be as the course progresses but rest assured that you will be fed well!

Day 2 on a reserve BMQ they started with weapons? Did I read that right? Did they actually give you a C7 or just a rubber C7? Or just theory?

BinRat55 said:
Day 2 on a reserve BMQ they started with weapons? Did I read that right? Did they actually give you a C7 or just a rubber C7? Or just theory?
Yes, we were assigned our C7A2. I believe it's because the only weekend our WO could secure the Range was late November.

Thanks a lot for this post...I'm starting my first weekend over Halloween, so this is definitely helping satisfy some of that curiosity/anticipation!

Skeatah33 said:
Yes, we were assigned our C7A2. I believe it's because the only weekend our WO could secure the Range was late November.

Day 2 is really fast. I'm quite surprised actually... Have they given you any training in the National Defence Act (Code of Service Discipline) yet?

BinRat55 said:
Day 2 is really fast. I'm quite surprised actually... Have they given you any training in the National Defence Act (Code of Service Discipline) yet?
Yes, minor/basic classroom info. We haven't gotten into too much detail yet.

It's been quite the wait, but after applying in February I received confirmation on Monday.

Fort York BMQ, October 30. Guess we all get the same Halloween costume this year. Going in as an infantry officer. They're still working out my swear-in, but I'm pretty used to waiting at this point.

According to the annex we were emailed kitting is done week 1.

Also, from the email, noticing a lot of UofT students. Go team.

Good old Fort York Armory..

You guys are going to have a lot of fun there!
Too bad you guys won't get to experience the heat in FYA during summer.. the air filtration system there made every single person in the building sweat several pounds of fat just standing still.

The 45 minutes of showertime & inspection prep is going to quickly drop if your staff was anything like mine...
There were certain days where only a small % of our platoon were able to shower after PT because of the redic timings we were given; in any case, your best friend is the babywipes!

faivious said:
The 45 minutes of showertime & inspection prep is going to quickly drop if your staff was anything like mine...
There were certain days where only a small % of our platoon were able to shower after PT because of the redic timings we were given; in any case, your best friend is the babywipes!
Good to know! I bought a bunch of baby wipes and was wondering when I was going to need them lol

Back