• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMQ - April 2011

Yes, you guys can enjoy your nice fresh air while I have my ears ringing off from the noise, am covered in all kinds of dirt and have to maneuver through cramped areas.  ;D

Also, if the ship were ever to be struck and sunk, guess who is the first to go!  :mad:

lol, awww poor mcneil, hey you never know my dad could be the one to train you :D

Or worse.. My girlfriend's Dad is a Marine Engineer, too.  :facepalm:

lmao, wow that would really suck  :facepalm: just hope you get posted to a different ship

On the bright side, I've literally found the perfect way for him to not think his daughters boyfriend is a loser. ;)

Just got a phone call from the CFRC. They just wanted to let me know that according to the computer, I have a job offer, but can't give me the specifics until tomorrow or Monday. She said they were moving as fast as possible to load me on the April 11 BMQ. So if that happens, add one more guy from Halifax to the April 11 BMQ! My offer will be for MP, as it's the only trade I applied for.

Hopefully this falls into place and I see you folks there.

PS- Talk about short notice! But I like it!

Glad to see alot of people getting their calls and offers.

I had my interview, medical and aptitude test on March 17th.

Everything checked out perfect(yay) know it's the waiting game, my recruiting officer said it would be roughly 2 to 3 weeks before I get a call.

I'm looking very forward to joining and the call can't come quick enough.

I applied for Mar eng mec and sonar op.

I already have a trade in Industrial ( Millwright) Mechanic, so I really hope to get accepted as the Marine egineer mechanic.

Precept - Keep us updated. Good luck! Sounds like you might just make the April 11 date. Nice job getting MP as well. That was one of my choices originally.

Booty22 - It's hard to say when you can expect a call. Some of us were anticipating April and got early selection in March. It's all on their time now. April is almost upon us so I wouldn't worry too much. You're Millwright should help you out A LOT!

Thanks ObigD, yeah I'm not too impatient, but I do really want to starty BMQ asap.

Booty22 - I was the same way. Let me tell you, even when you get the call, it's not any easier. Now that I know I start in 2 weeks, I want to start more than I did before I knew I was going! lol

Yeah I hear you about that. I just like having a date to give work my notice. And to get a few things straighten out while I'm gone.

i am also going for Mar Eng Mech, took My CFAT on March 22 and now just waiting to finish up the rest. Hopefully i will get to join some of you guys this summer as well and see you in the fleet some time soon.

@TTop

Sweet man, hope you get your call asap, check back when you to see if well be going at the same time.

Where are you from? I'm currently residing in St.Johns Newfoundland

Will do. and im from London Ont.
I called my file manager to get an update and he is on leave till April 4th so im hoping i can get some info or book my fitness test and medical through someone else.

I only had to do an aptitude test, interview and a medical. No fitness test.

Hey, I swear in on April 6th, leave April 9th and begin on April 11th!! guess ill see you there! what trade are ya?

G.McDonnell - See you at BMQ. Where are you from, we may even be on the same flight. Us April BMQ guys have a facebook group going too if you're interested.

Yeah i want to get on that facebook group! im from Vancouver. cant wait to meet up with you guys!

I'm selected for enrollment after April 1st, so I'll probably not be making it to the April 11th basic but there's rumour of an April 25th basic which may work out.. Oh and I'm getting into MP.

Back