• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMOQ For Combat Engineers?

MattBar

Inactive
Reaction score
I read on Forces.ca (under the "training" section of Combat Engineer) that combat engineers need to do basic military officer training. is this real or just a mistake? i was under the impression that all NCMs do BMQ and BMOQ is for officers.

Just checked.  Odd.  I'm thinking it's an error on the website.

Edit to add:  It states BMOQ for Med Techs too.

MattBar said:
I read on Forces.ca (under the "training" section of Combat Engineer) that combat engineers need to do basic military officer training. is this real or just a mistake? i was under the impression that all NCMs do BMQ and BMOQ is for officers.

Typo. There is no such thing as a Cbt Engr Officer - NCMs are Cbt Engrs and officers are Engrs, who would do BMOQ.

So what is the current and correct way to designate the difference between the military engineering officers?
RCAF = old 45C = Airfield Engr = Construction Engr ?
Army = old 45A = 24A = 00181 = Engr ?
RCN = ?

Navy = MARE = Maritime Engineer
or NCSE = Naval Combat Systems Engineer

And I'm sure I'm forgetting one or something....

Jed said:
So what is the current and correct way to designate the difference between the military engineering officers?
RCAF = old 45C = Airfield Engr = Construction Engr ?
Army = old 45A = 24A = 00181 = Engr ?
RCN = ?
Military Engineering is provided to the Navy by Army and Air Force uniformed personnel.  I believe most of the officers posted to either FCE are Engr in Army uniforms.  The tradesmen will be primarily Air Force but include Army.

MARE and NCSE, while engineers in the military, are not Military Engineers.

MCG said:
Military Engineering is provided to the Navy by Army and Air Force uniformed personnel.  I believe most of the officers posted to either FCE are Engr in Army uniforms.  The tradesmen will be primarily Air Force but include Army.

MARE and NCSE, while engineers in the military, are not Military Engineers.

See, I knew someone would correct me ;D

I just finished BMOQ and we had a COMBAT ENGINEER OFFICER! (army)
He's currently waiting to be course loaded for BMOQ-L

No, I emailed them a couple of weeks ago about this, and they said it was an error. They fixed it, it is now back to Basic Military Qualification.

Hockey89 said:
There is no such occupation.  Maybe there was someone on your course who did not read the name of the occupation when he accepted his offer.  I knew a guy who was half way through QL2 (the course that existed before BMQ and BMQ-L) before he realized he was a cook and not Combat Engineer.

He's currently waiting to be course loaded for BMOQ-L

I think you meant Engineer Officer (Land) 00181 - which is part of the combat arms.

Back