• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMQ and BMOQ for Army Reserve Officer

Gratitude1

Reaction score
  1. I have a university degree and wanted to join army reserve as an officer. How long is the Basic Military Officer Qualification (BMOQ) training for full-time and part-time? I think there is a BMQ and then BMOQ component? I understand that I can complete all my training at my local unit, is that correct?

2. I wanted to be a Logistic Officer. Do I need to take more training after the BMOQ training? If so, how long is that training and can I take the training at my local unit? What does a logistic officer do on a typical day?

Thank you very much in advance for your advice!

1. Reserve officers will often do BMQ with NCM's part time over about 10-12 weekends (equal to Mod 1 of BMOQ) with their local unit. Then in the summer they will do a 2 week part (Mod 2 of BMOQ). Location varies a bit.

2. As a logistics officer, you would do BMOQ, then BMOQ-A, then trades training. BMOQ-A is about 12 weeks full-time at one of a few bases (Gagetown, Alderson, Meaford). Trades training is harder to say, as it is being reworked for logistics officers and details are still being finalized. Currently it has 3 courses at CFB Borden: (LOCC-7 weeks, LOCL-8 weeks, specialty-3-8 weeks). Someone else can better describe a Reservist Log O's typical duties.

1. I have a university degree and wanted to join army reserve as an officer. How long is the Basic Military Officer Qualification (BMOQ) training for full-time and part-time? I think there is a BMQ and then BMOQ component? I understand that I can complete all my training at my local unit, is that correct?

2. I wanted to be a Logistic Officer. Do I need to take more training after the BMOQ training? If so, how long is that training and can I take the training at my local unit? What does a logistic officer do on a typical day?

Thank you very much in advance for your advice!
I recommend talking to a reserve recruiter, they should be able to answer all of your questions including whether or not there are any available/vacant positions for reserve Logistics Officers where you live.

1. Reserve officers will often do BMQ with NCM's part time over about 10-12 weekends (equal to Mod 1 of BMOQ) with their local unit. Then in the summer they will do a 2 week part (Mod 2 of BMOQ). Location varies a bit.

2. As a logistics officer, you would do BMOQ, then BMOQ-A, then trades training. BMOQ-A is about 12 weeks full-time at one of a few bases (Gagetown, Alderson, Meaford). Trades training is harder to say, as it is being reworked for logistics officers and details are still being finalized. Currently it has 3 courses at CFB Borden: (LOCC-7 weeks, LOCL-8 weeks, specialty-3-8 weeks). Someone else can better describe a Reservist Log O's typical duties.
Thank you so much for you information! Very helpful and thorough!

I recommend talking to a reserve recruiter, they should be able to answer all of your questions including whether or not there are any available/vacant positions for reserve Logistics Officers where you live.
Okay, will do! Thanks!

I have a friend who's studying computer science and wants to join the CAF reserves and he picked the following trades:-
1- Engineer Officer
2- Intelligence Officer
3- Signals Officer

which trade fits him the most and is there anything common for the trades bove?

I have a friend who's studying computer science and wants to join the CAF reserves and he picked the following trades:-
1- Engineer Officer
2- Intelligence Officer
3- Signals Officer

which trade fits him the most and is there anything common for the trades bove?
Just gonna pass on the same message given to @Rudra : You already asked this question in another forum post and it has been answered. Please be careful that you're not overposting the same thing multiple times as it can lead to disciplinary actions taken by site moderators and admin.

Back