• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Back for Christmas..

patrick666

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey guys, it's been a while!

Thought I'd return from wence I came and wish everybody a Merry Christmas! I got to sign a big banner for the boys and girls in Afghanistan while at the War Museum, it was awesome.

Basic... you can read all the advice and information you want but it really is different for everybody. I hope you like marking time. The biggest piece of advice I can give is if you don't like teamwork or helping others then don't bother. The point of basic is to train you as a team, not individually, and say if you've finished shining your boots then get up and help somebody finish shining theirs because the instructors know when and when you're not working together. I've really enjoyed the whole journey so far. We have a good set of instructors, a really cohesive platoon and have some great times so far. You have to learn to put aside personal differences while you're there. There's two ways to do basic, one is easier and one is harder. Either you work as a team and make it easy for everybody, accept that some people are weaker or slower and step up to get them through as well or everybody can just ignore each other and fight all the time (happened to our sister platoon) and make basic that much harder. The instructors aren't there to fail you. They want you to pass and they'll do a lot to see that happen but it really comes down to you and your desire to be in the military. One of our instructors came in on the weekend, in civies, to help us out with our inspections and went over the layout.

And the food, well it's not soooo bad. =)

Anyways, have to meet the girl at the bus station. So once again, happy holidays to Army.ca

Cheers,

Patrick.

Back