• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Attempted assassination of Donald Trump 13 July 2024

If only cops had some easily identifiable uniforms in conspicuous colours like blue...big aside but the militarization of the police in the USA is under-studied and incredibly disturbing. These Gravy SEAL cops dress and LARP that their SOF, despite having the exact opposite goals.
I'm not sure what "gravy SEAL cops and LARP" means, but there has actually been a fair degree of study into police uniforms and colours. I'm not aware of what has gone on in the US in relation to uniforms and colours, but their National Institute of Justice has done some impressive research on all sorts of law enforcement related topics.

In Ontario, particularly the OPP, a lot of research went into the switch from light to dark blue shirts and the colour worn by their tactical teams; both as a result of operational incidents.

Women are statistically better shots than men, mostly due to their more stable body shape. Why aren't all our snipers women?
I don't know the factors behind that, but my wife was an example (a tad unnerving). Just anecdotal, but it struck me that the male-female distribution was different. With men, there would a few really good 'natural' shots, a few really bad, and a big middle of 'ok' shooters. With female, more really good ones but also more really bad ones, with a smaller middle cohort.

There's probably all sorts of reasons why more don't sign up for it.

Last edited:
I'm not sure what "gravy SEAL cops and LARP" means,
Gravy Seal - see picture below.

main-qimg-b5febe01478d4c2a5a3e0be932fe713d

LRAP - Live Action Role Playing. - see same picture above.

:cool:

And some more details from CNN on the team in the building as well as the rooftop not being manned...

...so not on an "unscheduled lunch break".

And as to why they were on the 2nd floor rather than the roof?

The highlighted might not have been such a big deal if access to the roof was properly secured.

[edited to add a link to the CNN page where these items were originally posted]
Funny thing about that "sloped roof bit" - prepare for "too much time on his hands" digging results :) ....

Some MSM (like the CNN link shared above) do quote the SecSvc director saying exactly that ....
Screenshot 2024-07-16 132451.jpg
A number of other outlets (mostly right-ish media and amplification sites) are quoting the same line, in quotes.

I haven't found the full video of the ABC "Good Morning America" interview in question, but there WAS a posting on ABC's FB feed, though, showing what looks like some version of the interview or a summary. That post now seems to have disappeared - here's what the summary looked like before it vanished (thanks to Google Cache):
Screenshot 2024-07-16 135216.jpg
That last link in blue doesn't work anymore, either. Only video I can find so far is this TikTok shorter summary story generated by ABC News - with no mention of the sloped roof ...

ABC's latest story on the interview doesn't mention the roof slope detail, though ...
Screenshot 2024-07-16 134354.jpg
Another example of why one has to take things with a big grain of salt in the early days - and this still is pretty early days for something this big, and involving this many agencies having to line up a whole lotta slices of Swiss cheese.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-07-16 135216.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-07-16 135216.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
I don't know the factors behind that, but my wife was an example (a tad unnerving). Just anecdotal, but it struck me that the mle-female distribution was different. With men, there would a few really good 'natural' shots, a few really bad, and a big middle of 'ok' shooters. With female, more really good ones but also more really bad ones, with a smaller middle cohort.

I think this might be a confirmation bias. There are more worse female shots as women are a lot less likely to shoot as a hobby or hunt. There are more bad shots because the percentage of women with zero experience in the general population is probably higher than men (who may be amateurs but are more likely to have some trigger time plinking cans or using grandpa's 303 on a deer hunt).

In my (limited) experience teaching a couple dozen courses, women are always easier to train on marksmanship and once they get comfortable are crack shots at a higher rate than the dudes.

If only cops had some easily identifiable uniforms in conspicuous colours like blue...big aside but the militarization of the police in the USA is under-studied and incredibly disturbing. These Gravy SEAL cops dress and LARP that their SOF, despite having the exact opposite goals.
I'm still laughing at the big fat guy with the NVGs

Gravy Seal - see picture below.

main-qimg-b5febe01478d4c2a5a3e0be932fe713d

LRAP - Live Action Role Playing. - see same picture above.

:cool:
Thanks.

The fella on the left cuts quite a figure. It looks like he has his bum on backwards. Seems he has the 'gravy' part down to a science.

I don't know the factors behind that, but my wife was an example (a tad unnerving). Just anecdotal, but it struck me that the male-female distribution was different. With men, there would a few really good 'natural' shots, a few really bad, and a big middle of 'ok' shooters. With female, more really good ones but also more really bad ones, with a smaller middle cohort.

At a glance, I'd guess that if Brihard is correct, then of those women who are more interested in things > individuals, have corresponding greater hand eye coordination, and that are less prone to negative emotions, then they are dispositioned to leverage their body's physical advantage.

For those who aren't, the advantage cannot be exploited and they fall well below average.

So I suppose someone will explain to Cheatle that you don't have to occupy an objective to keep it under observation.
More correctly I think you can tell Butler PD that occupying a building doesn't cause the roof from being used ;)

At a glance, I'd guess that if Brihard is correct, then of those women who are more interested in things > individuals, have corresponding greater hand eye coordination, and that are less prone to negative emotions, then they are dispositioned to leverage their body's physical advantage.

For those who aren't, the advantage cannot be exploited and they fall well below average.

Honestly based on a few studies about coaching shooters, it is that women for the most part listen better, and thus learn faster, and don't have preconceived notions that they are master shooters already. Based on my own experiences, the student being willing to learn and accept the teaching (given a good coach) is the biggest factor. My biggest problem with teaching female shooters rifle stuff, is trying to figure out how to work with their anatomy, especially bigger breasted women, as they cannot place the buttstock where I would outside of the prone - so I have trouble with that -- and I admit that is a coach issue, not a student issue.
Now for fast follow up shots, having muscle helps control the recoil - both pistol and rifle - so physical strength and size help (to a point).

Back