• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Attempted assassination of Donald Trump 13 July 2024

That is the CS team.

IMG_2023.jpeg

I keep wondering about the SS director's comments about the sloped roof issue on the building that the shot came from.

It strikes me that the real SS CS team was on a sloped roof with no issues.

:cool:

I keep wondering about the SS director's comments about the sloped roof issue on the building that the shot came from.

Famous sloped roof attached

Attachments

• 20240716_180349.png
    20240716_180349.png
    304.4 KB · Views: 6

I wonder if the navy also has to call in OHS regarding the grade of a roof before placing snipers in Fallujah…

But maybe it was this guy that was supposed to be on the roof...
1721168172540.png

Have you seen the budget for USSS, compared to the asks of it?

Which was one reason I had debated posting it. You are welcome to ignore it, as I had mentioned previously to that post that there was some info I had been told but hadn’t been confirmed, and for that reason was reluctant in sharing.
Thanks for that. I was just interested in reading more about it. I had no intention of doubting you.

Some other people that would like to see Trump dead it would seem.
In recent weeks?

In other words, manpower had already been augmented?

So much for the lack of resources excuse.

@KevinB I understand you have friends in the Service, people you respect and you err on their side. I am not trying to disparage them either.

But the more I learn about this incident, the worst it smells.

The only bit that's giving me a shred of hope here is that the Director actually came out and echoed the sentiment I shared yesterday: "the buck stops here."

Remains to be seen whether those were serious or empty words. It is my understanding she's set to appear in Congress within a week. Looking forward to it.

On a separate note, it seems the wind has shifted slightly on tolerance of leftwing political violence as the Tenacious D world tour was cancelled after Jack Black's lesser half, Kyle Gass, said "Don't miss Trump next time" on stage.

One of the keys to successful concealed carry is to not look like you're carrying. Clothing, in general, is designed to flatter the wearer, not conceal a firearm or other intervention options. So clothing and equipment selection takes time and care coupled with a ton of practice.

I get a real kick out of the IDPA crowd who claim expertise in concealed carry while wearing a mesh fishing vest over an OTW holster. IDPA in Canada oft times means you're shooting in a windbreaker or jacket with gloves if not mitts when the buzzer goes.

Then there's always the 'old faithful' carry ;)

1721168884412.png

the assassination attempt seems to have brought out it own onset of online crazy. I assume that the situation will be evaluated and directives made to try an avoid whatever mistakes were made. I also assume they will not be made public(?)

Some people seem to have a hard time with the assigning varying degrees of responsibility

Was the building supposed to be secured? Why or why not?
Who was responsible for securing it?
What happens when one element does not fulfill its responsibility?

I get that the USSS is ultimately responsible. But was the USS CS team supposed to redeploy, if in fact the building roof was supposed to be manned?

the assassination attempt seems to have brought out it own onset of online crazy. I assume that the situation will be evaluated and directives made to try an avoid whatever mistakes were made. I also assume they will not be made public(?)

Some people seem to have a hard time with the assigning varying degrees of responsibility

Was the building supposed to be secured? Why or why not? - Yes, very much so
Who was responsible for securing it? - Sounds like county/local police had that responsibility as it was outside the secured perimeter
What happens when one element does not fulfill its responsibility? - Depends on whether the bad guy is lucky or skilled enough to capitalize. Usually nothing, but in this case very nearly the supreme act of political violence.

I get that the USSS is ultimately responsible. But was the USS CS team supposed to redeploy, if in fact the building roof was supposed to be manned? - Sounds like no; county/local SWAT were supposed to be up there, whether counter-sniper suspiciously or just some sort of presence.

See replies in yellow, as best as I can piece together.

I don’t know how their planning works down there or their legal command relationships, but generally one police service doesn’t operationally direct the actions of another; they could could jointly plan, and assign a portion of responsibility on the trust and expectation that it be fulfilled. But at a certain point you have to expect the other guy is doing his job. Sometimes you underestimate the need to verify and overestimate the trust.

See replies in yellow, as best as I can piece together.

I don’t know how their planning works down there or their legal command relationships, but generally one police service doesn’t operationally direct the actions of another; they could could jointly plan, and assign a portion of responsibility on the trust and expectation that it be fulfilled. But at a certain point you have to expect the other guy is doing his job. Sometimes you underestimate the need to verify and overestimate the trust.
from all the replies I figured.
But it seems like a better chain of command should come out of this. Not exactly like two cashiers taking a bathroom break at the same time

One of the keys to successful concealed carry is to not look like you're carrying. Clothing, in general, is designed to flatter the wearer, not conceal a firearm or other intervention options. So clothing and equipment selection takes time and care coupled with a ton of practice.

I get a real kick out of the IDPA crowd who claim expertise in concealed carry while wearing a mesh fishing vest over an OTW holster. IDPA in Canada oft times means you're shooting in a windbreaker or jacket with gloves if not mitts when the buzzer goes.
Aloha shirts

Dude enough with the SS, despite CAT’s black ninja suit they aren’t wearing deathsheads.

There has been a lot of eye rolling about the Director’s interview. I don’t think she was well prepared, and I’ll leave it at that.

Back