• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Army.ca Meeting & Greeting in Toronto

Put me down as a maybe.  Still on exercise this week but may be able to get away for a beer.  Besides, it's closer than Guelph!

S6

p.s. close to a subway station would be good.

the 48th regulator said:
Will Journeyman be taking attendance again?
Is that the voice of AWOL guilt I hear?   >:D

...and subway station - - good call (although driving drunk in Toronto, you'd probably fit right in with the locals  ;) )

April!! Have one in April!! I may have a couple of weekends in the vicinity in April!!

The Librarian said:
April!! Have one in April!! I may have a couple of weekends in the vicinity in April!!

I'm with Vern! I vote for one in April also, I will be off both, Sat April 14th and Sat 28th into the Sun's except I work on the Fri's usually til 11pm so would everyone be up for a meet and greet on one those Sat's? April may fair better weather also for driving. Vern, that would be wonderful if you could make it out this way again! Would love to see you so I'll keep my fingers crossed that you can make it here......we definately have to find a place with good eats and music also....and also in not far distance for places to stay. Be fun to spend the day around the city then have a get together at night. I'm only about 45 min from Toronto, so that would be nice to see everyone again. Cheers!

Rebecca

Pick a date and I'll let you know. I'm in the instrument phase of my CH146 refresher, and that's the bit that will cause me the most work. April should be better for me as it looks right now.

Ok I am going to go ahead and vote for Sat April 14th. Also, would anyone be interested in doing some different things around the city that day too? If so, maybe we can post some idea's of stuff we'd like to do around Toronto ;D before we kick back and have some dinner and drinks in the eve  :cheers:

~Rebecca~

Well so far since the date is working out for a couple folks here, I will keep that open on my calender! Let's hope we can all get together and that the weather is great for us!

Rebecca

Sounds good thus far - subject to change of course, but looks good from here.

MM

Ok I have no problems moving this to April 14th. Now location, any suggestions .... any suggestions that really exist now I mean. Close to TTC/Subway seems good. Tess that one at Bloor and Spadina we hit was doable or your favourite the Duke of whatever on Yonge.

April 14th is the day after my birthday.  So I guess I'll have to have some beers somewhere.  ;D

*sniff* I can't come the 14th!  I'm stuck on course.  I have course 1st April, and then the 13-15th April.  If it is any other weekend..I can do my best to work it out with my job though.

Hehe, the 14th is the first weekend we'll be allowed to leave base in St. Jean (I think) so maybe I will make it afterall.....

Who am I kidding, I'm going to go out with the boys from basic.

Not that I'm a regular, but I'm sure I can make it. An open weekend for me... Love the big smoke..

kc

ToRN said:
Hehe, the 14th is the first weekend we'll be allowed to leave base in St. Jean (I think) so maybe I will make it afterall.....

Who am I kidding, I'm going to go out with the boys from basic.

Too bad ToRN,

14th April will also be the first weekend I'll be off while on my course in St Jean; I could even have been the Taxi service!! I like 14 April!!

;D

As long as I haven't been sent to Kingston for training yet I'll be here! I'm told not to expect to do anything with my first few weekends so that might be right around that timeframe but if I am off, I will be there! I've been dying to get out to one of these for some time and almost made it to the Guelph one but something came up!

Hope to see you all there!
>:D

14th of April is at the start of exams for me, but I'll certainly make an appearance if I can. 

InfantryGrrl

14 April sounds good to me. Time to meet the troops! Someplace relatively central would be great...looking forward to meeting you Danjanou, glad you started the ball rolling.

Back