• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Army.ca Meeting & Greeting in Toronto

In keeping with how my posting is going thus far, I was one of those that got caught by the decption plan - I walked that freaking avenue from end to end before finding an internet cafe and actually looking at the address.  Incidentally, I did ask for directions and people just looked at me as if I was the proverbial 4 headed alien.  Did have fun playing avoid the schizo while strolling though...

Other than that, it was great to get away for a bit from unpacking and studying, have a few wobbly pops and put some faces to names finally.  And yes, we did do well in the trivia event (though we did come close to palcing 3rd out of 1 playing at one point I think...).

TTFN.

MM

Geez, where are the pictures?! I even have a copy of your group picture here on my computer, and I am across the country. Do I need to post mine?  >:D

Sorry about the delay, busy weekend floowed by probvlems in getting this to upload

Ok more or less left to right, Loachman, moi, Zel, Hit or Miss (sans oakleys), Mich, Jacob, TMM, and Medicineman (I think, most of the night is a blur :-[)
PubnightJuly20061.jpg

I believe the person you have labeled as Jacob is actually Zel, and the one labeled as Fred is Jacob.

Pea said:
I believe the person you have labeled as Jacob is actually Zel, and the one labeled as Fred is Jacob.

oops fixed, thanks Pea I knew I should have taken notes :-[

Danjanou said:
oops fixed, thanks Pea I knew I should have taken notes :-[

No prob. I was sober as can be when I got the "low-down" on who everyone was.  ;D

*UG*  I hate that picture of me,  I look like I'm doing a bad Jean Creatin impression....  :-\

Well.....at least is looks like it was a "Darts Free Pub", so nobody would get their eye poked out.  ;D

Zell_Dietrich said:
*UG*  I hate that picture of me,  I look like I'm doing a bad Jean Creatin impression....   :-\

There's such a thing as a good Jean Cretin impression? ;D

Okay, to echo the others, had a great time at the meet, nice to put faces to names.  Thanks to those that showed up, and those that made attempts too.  Bittersweet for me now, as I have just gotten home from leave.  Good to be back, although not looking forward to heading back to work tomorrow....lol.  However, I still have leave to burn by end August, and the travelling bug has bitten, now to decide how far east I shall go this time.  :D

navymich said:
(...)how far east I shall go this time.  :D

Montreal and Quebec City are always nice. Well, they're at least a gazillion times better than TO. (Not that it's hard.)

One pic is all you get. I mean, if HoM isn't in it, why bother :D

I think we all were more interested in chatting and hearing pass the helmet than posing for pics.

There were at least two cameras present, and more than one photo taken on each.

Maybe they're all identical...

Probably not a second too soon. Who knows what might have been on them, given the nature of some of the owners?

Loachman said:
Probably not a second too soon. Who knows what might have been on them, given the nature of some of the owners?
Hey, I resemble that remark. ;D  But comparing me to Danjanou??  Thanks alot Loachman....LOL.

navymich said:
Hey, I resemble that remark. ;D   But comparing me to Danjanou??  Thanks alot Loachman....LOL.

How do you think I feel. I'm being compared to a sailor 8)

"The "other" pictures will soon be available in our new subscribers only pay per view section under "Soldiers Gone Wild" only $19.95 per month, sign up now, all major credit cards accepted.  What's that Mike? Oh sorry Mr Bobbit? what are we doing? Nothing boss, just trying to drum up the site's profile and make a few bucks ..er...for the site of course.  Fine I'll go sit in the bad mods chair (again), extras five nights as duty mod in chat... no not that :-[ :'( "

I only took two pics, both the same shot as already posted, sorry.

Back