• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Army.ca Meeting & Greeting in Toronto

I'd be in for sharing a room.

But, Navy boy keep your hands to yourself  :p

DAMN! I'd love to jump in on this but my B-day is July 29th and people have plans for me and shit..

I will be sorry I missed it though! Damn..

Rip the town up boyz!!!!

Seems like we've got a few interested in this:

FrederikG
SigOpDraco
MikeL
Jacob
Zell_Dietrich
Loachman
medicineman
Danjanou
TMM
Hale
navymich

Plan is for Friday 28 July

Time?  Guess it depends on if people want to meet for supper first, or not. 

Place? Danjanou, TMM and Zell, you seem to have some good ideas.  Can you narrow it down to a couple and we can go from there.

People? Come on people, let's see you come out for this!  If you're interested, but don't want to post your name, send me a PM to let me know.  Just want to get an idea of how many we can expect to see.

:cheers:

I was thinking somewhere by the lake may be nice. There's a couple of places down there. Weather is a factor though it's been eratic of late here.

Danjanou said:
Weather is a factor though it's been eratic of late here.
Ugh, tell me about it.  I was warned for the last week about how hot and humid it would be, and I get here to rain and grey.  I'd almost think I was back in Victoria, except for the fact that they are having summer now....finally! and I'm not there to enjoy it.  :(

Wherever you're thinking of Danjanou is good.  We'll trust your judgement....if it's safe to do so ;D  If you had an address, or at least a general location so that those looking to book a room have an idea where we'll be at?

I ll wait and see what the other TO regulars suggest, some are more current at pub crawling than I am. ;D

I'm In too. there is also a courtyard Marriott downtown as well.... in fact its right by Church and Welleslley so its perfect for you navy boys...  ;D

just let me know when and where....

- Josh

Awright awright,

I think I will try to attend.  I am supposed to have a meeting that afternoon, but I will try to see if I can ditch out early.

James,  pm me with yer cel and we will hit Frank Correnti's place before hand. 

We can go to our ever popular army.ca meeting ground the Duke of Gloucester  or hit a very popular Irish Pub McVeigh's New Windsor Tavern, an icon of the 48th and Irish culture in Toronto.

dileas

tess

the 48th regulator said:
Awright awright,

I think I will try to attend.  I am supposed to have a meeting that afternoon, but I will try to see if I can ditch out early.

James,  pm me with yer cel and we will hit Frank Correnti's place before hand. 

dileas

tess

I ain't coming if your coming, and the last time I gave you my cell number the D9ner made me sleep on the couch for a week ;D

Are we any closer to a decision?

I have no suggestions (ignorance) or preferences (complete mobility), but I do need an establishment and address, start time, and appropriate recognition signals.

I know that there are still several days to go; I've probably just got the Vigilant Guardian planning jitters, as that one's rushing right at me.

I'm leaning towards the Broadview Danforth area now. Mind I'm putting an offer in for a house near there and this would be a good excuse to recce out a new neighbourhood watering hole. ;D

Basically though anywhere is good for me

ARRGGHH, would somebody PLEASE just make a decision.  ::)

Thank you  :D

Danjanou said:
I'm leaning towards the Broadview Danforth area now. Mind I'm putting an offer in for a house near there and this would be a good excuse to recce out a new neighbourhood watering hole. ;D

Basically though anywhere is good for me

http://www.bartowel.com/regions/danf.phtml

My fellow oatmeal Savage, look no further.  I will always take care of you.

Folks take yer Pick, easy to get to by subway, on the main route and plenty of choices.

dileas

tess

Any bars near the Dufferin Mall would be good.  I'd be able to crash at my sister's house and save some hotel money ;D

Dufferin Mall is along the bloor line.....You can get there in no time for a mere $2.75...

Next parameter...

dileas

tess

Great idea Tess!  Okay, I suggest the "Beer Street" from Tess' link above, and then work our way down the street from there.  All in favour?  Now...time?

the 48th regulator said:
Beer Street a fantastic choice!!
Of course it is, would you expect anything less from a sailor of my calibre?  ;)

How's 1900 for everyone?  No clue how we'll recognize each other...ideas?  And will we need reservations or anything Tess?

If anyone wants, PM me with your cell#, especially if you're one of the ones coming from out of town and think you might be late.  That way if we switch places, or move on...

Back