• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Army.ca Meeting & Greeting in Toronto

HitorMiss said:
Hey I got blown up and shot the most sympathy I got from people here was along the lines of if I could quote JM and CDN Aviator "Learn to duck for christ sake!" And "You should change your name to JUST HIT!"

If you can't make light of something bad it may well eat you up. Dodger We all take what happen to you seriously but hey life is to short not to laugh.

Dodger1967,

I think HoM and JM have summed up where I was going quite nicely.  For soldiers in the Commonwealth, "black humour" has been used for years to deal with a catasrophic event.  It is one method of avoiding an Occupational Stress Injury (OSI).  If you look back in the thread, others gave you the niceties you were obviously looking for.  I only tried to make light of it at that point.  Given the fact that you didn't post any other details other than you had been knifed in the kidney - one's assumptions could run amuck.  It would be fair to say that given the information that you provided, one could assume that the bar/pub/drinking establishment you were at had "company" of ill repute.  I never insinuated that this "company" I referred to was your friends or colleagues.  The fact is you were stabbed.  That sucks.  If I was making a point (and I'm not sure that I was, given that this is an open Internet forum rife with useless musings), my point would be that there are some places that breed trouble and there are others that are quite welcoming of people from all ilk.  Notwithstanding the fact that you "work" at this establishment, I am only saying that at the late stages of my life, I search out quiet pubs where the "company" both known and unknown, are generally not going to knife me.  From one Canadian stranger to another, I wish you no harm and hope you recover quickly.

S6.

p.s. With respect to guys getting hurt in Kandahar, Afghanistan - I was there in the early days and had the unfortunate honour of saluting four brave Patricias on the ramp ceremony at KIA.  [My bio has been stripped recently for personal reasons, those that know me, know I speak the truth.]

In the hopes of keeping this thread alive, I'll ask a couple of things.

Dodger,

Buddy, we all feel for you. Go get some help. If you were in the military, and having military problems, we MIGHT be able to help. With the problems you have, there's nothing we can do. Look elswhere please. We're not a social workers group, nor a support group for your problems. You're more than willing to participate here, providing you stick to what we discuss. That's the military.  Don't try to draw parallels with life on the street and life in combat, or anywhere else in the miltary. It won't work here, as you've seen. We're somewhat of a family here, but a bit of a disfunctional one. You're taking us to the outer edge of that. Please stop. I don't want to see you banned. Enjoy the conversation and discussion, but only discuss what we're here to discuss.

For the rest,

We've recognized, and tried to help Dodger. This, and his problems, are not somethng we can solve. Only he, and the health care/ social system can do that. I won't assume to try and diagnose, nor should anyone else. We can't solve this for him. Please stop trying to. I won't tell anyone to ignore him, but understand, he has problems we're not equipped to deal with. Unless you're a licensed practitioner/ social worker, you don't have the qualifications to speak or discuss his problems. Please stop, full stop. No more discussion, berating, baiting or anything else. Technical military questions, deserve technical military answers. Anything else should not be given credance or airtime. Should Dodger not take the advise, and if anyone inflames the situation, they'll be treated as part of the overall problem.

Thanks fron the Forum and Staff.

Okay  ::)
Someone better post some of the smoker-night pictures soon so we can all have a good laugh again...(even if it's at my expense!)  ;D

D Squared said:
Okay   ::)
Someone better post some of the smoker-night pictures soon so we can all have a good laugh again...(even if it's at my expense!)  ;D
Yeah come on guys!

The only cameras I saw (mine stayed in my pocket this time) were the Librarian's, and as she's pointed out until she finishes her course and has access to her home PC she can't upload them ( fortunately for some of us  :-[), and D Squared. Still waiting for her excuse as  to why no pics.

Us men folk were too busy standing at the bar discussing colour coordination of our spanking new Tess Bracelets and leather garments in general  8)

This is starting to sound like a conspiracy of no shows.

Nobody was there, no pics, everybody exclaims what a good time was had, but in reality.........

GAP said:
This is starting to sound like a conspiracy of no shows.

Nobody was there, no pics, everybody exclaims what a good time was had, but in reality.........

:rofl: Nicely said GAP!

Danjanou said:
D Squared, Still waiting for her excuse as  to why no pics.
My camera battery wasn't the only thing that pooped out  ;D

HitorMiss said:
This event really happened right???? cause so far no proof

Yes it did and Tess even showed up. He was late and had to be gven directions to the RV by cell phone by someone standing out on the street
(now why does that sound familiar?)

The first rule of Army.ca M&G is, you do not talk about Army.ca M&G. The second rule of Army.ca M&G is, you DO NOT talk about Army.ca M&G.

-th

Danjanou said:
Yes it did and Tess even showed up.
Well - somebody who looked like him showed up. I'm still not convinced, especially as he didn't provide a DNA sample to corroborate his claim.

Hmmmm....I think the general concensus is ......NO PICY.....NO Washee...

Danjanou said:
Yes it did and Tess even showed up. He was late and had to be given directions to the RV by cell phone by someone standing out on the street
(now why does that sound familiar?)

Hahahahaha my excuse is I don't know Toronto at all, well other then routes into and out of. What is Tess's excuse...plus I blame the person who picks the RV point..rule 1 of RVs they should be prominent yet have covered approaches.

Ok ok ok I needed directions there you happy now the Recce guy needed help navigating to some place  :p

I hate you all LMAO  ;)

Back