• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Any STD's or CD's on here?

EpicBeardedMan

Inactive
Reaction score
I was watching the MCM, STD, and CD episodes of truth, duty , valor and noticed the rigs they were using.  When I go diving I have to pinch my nose and blow air out of my ears to pressurize, how do they do that with the helmets they use? Or is that helmet pressurized? Hoping a diver can shed some light on it.

-Alex

I've seen some comercial hardhat divers using noseclips to pinch the nostrils shut. this gives their voices that funny ring on the speakers.

There are nostril plugs in the helmet to help with ear clearing.  T18A, the funny ring in divers' voices is usually because of the bottom pressure on the vocal cords.

MM 

medicineman said:
There are nostril plugs in the helmet to help with ear clearing.  T18A, the funny ring in divers' voices is usually because of the bottom pressure on the vocal cords.

MM

Ahh makes sense. I remember having to do it every 10 or so feet and it got annoying.

More likely with heliox, but we all sound like that when we're on air in the hyperbaric chamber as well.

MM

Stacked said:
Where were you watching these episodes? If there's a website with them, please oh please share the link!

Good luck trying to get them online, believe me I tried. I ordered all 3 episodes off their website. Expensive but worth it, I know what to expect for the STD course.

If you get CourtTV they play them rather frequently.

But the number of episodes they play doesn't seem to vary too much. ahah. It's all well and good if you want to watch the same show about HMCS Charlottetown a half a dozen times though.

Stacked said:
Where were you watching these episodes? If there's a website with them, please oh please share the link!

you can buy them by the season here http://expressmedia.ca/store/index.php?cPath=21_29

Stacked said:
$200 a season.... Wow.

lol Yeah you're better off just ordering the episodes that appeal for you, I got the MCM, Clearance Diver, and Ship's Team Diver ones.

Back