• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Another case of issued kit on E-Bay?

How should I go about reporting this.I'm with 1 VP right now on pre training should I go straight to the MP's?

Not a Canadian military item.. it's legal to sell body armour in Canada, no?

he's talking about the tac vest, and yes go to the MP's, you could probably even send the policing operations WO a quick email

From the tac vest for sale page of his
Those who have served know the value of this vest.  This TAC vest is the envy of all NATO armies

:D

Also, at the bottem of the page he says the tac vest is not the one on the pictures, an it does not have the CADPAT mesh, it has OD mesh.. kinda sounds like a knock off tac vest.
Like this one
http://www.armyissue.com/Gallery/albums/userpics/ASn_holsters_001.jpg
http://www.armyissue.com/Gallery/albums/userpics/ASn_holsters_002.jpg

ArtyNewbie said:
If you're dead certain that this is an issue tac vest (and I suspect from the pictures it is) your first step would be to alert ebay of its controlled military goods status and that it is unlawful to sell them, they'll pull the auction, the next step if you really want to push it would be to get ahold of the closest provost section, I notice you're a loyal eddy, there should be a provost handy.
How many times do we have to say this, DO NOT CONTACT EBAY direct!  Once you contact Ebay in relation to the item, they will take it down and any evidence which was in "plain view" to the investigating MP will be gone.  This greatly complicates the issue ie. Ebay could refuse to provide the images, item description and vendor information without a search warrant.  If you find an item, contact the MPs, report it and leave the rest to them! 

MikeH:  The Duty MPs can be reached at Ext 4014 or you can simply drop into the Guardhouse. 

Its not an issued Tac-Vest but a repro that someone had built.

Before rushing off half cocked - check the facts.

Calling the MP's will get sweet dick done in this case -- other than wasting the MP's time

airmich said:
"personal" as you call it, is also known as "next to skin".

Whether they put the hole in the tongue of the boot or not, I have never been given the option of keeping them.  Anyone else?

I have

Me too, a supply tech can correct me if I'm wrong here, but I was that reservists are required to turn in all kit including next to skin and personal items. Reg force types do not turn in personal stuff (this I know having recently changed DEU allocation) and yes I've a few pairs of boots with a hole in the tongue that I was allowed to keep, it makes no sense really to have it returned to stores, they can't re-issue boots that have been formed to a mbrs foot as it may cause damage to the next guys feet.

But they can sell them through public auction and make some money on them selling them to surplus stores.

This is true, and maybe should be the case for operational clothing but not personal kit, this is going back to the days before logistikcorp but once you had a year in you had to replace your personal kit (DEU) when it wore out, out of pocket, for that reason we used to get clothing upkeep allowance (CUA) so then it makes it a little difficult to recover kit from a reg force soldier who has paid for his kit for years. I'm not sure how the points system works for the reserves not being one (anymore) myself but when I left the MO way back I had to turn in everything complete down to the old green boxers and socks.

mmm no, at my unit and this may only be at my unit. Anything next to skin is kept, including boots. DEUs are no longer returned either.

MedTech said:
mmm no, at my unit and this may only be at my unit. Anything next to skin is kept, including boots. DEUs are no longer returned either.

Same here on the East Coast. PRes and Reg Force.

Back