• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Another case of issued kit on E-Bay?

Lerch said:
So just a tad curious...I was doing some perusing on eBay (as I usually do) and came across a horde of goodies that shouldn't be there. The only thing is that the seller is in Germany.

Advice for further action?
Hmmm, very interestingly, located closly to Geilenkirchen, report to MPs.

Lerch said:
The only thing is that the seller is in Germany.

Advice for further action?

ya i know the seller, i asked him how he got his hands on a prototype AR Cadpat sniper suit .......in germany. he never replied. :P

and wow! heres a perfect example, check out his store:
http://search.ebay.ca/_W0QQsassZtheQ5frealQ5fmcQ5fkraut

can you say "stolen" ;)

Trakalo said:
and wow! heres a perfect example, check out his store:
http://search.ebay.ca/_W0QQsassZtheQ5frealQ5fmcQ5fkraut

can you say "stolen" ;)

Who wishes to blow the whistle on this guy?  ;D

$72 for a cadpat boonie hat? I'd check the buyers for possession too...

I contacted E-Bay waiting for a reply let see what they do.  ;D

So has anyone contacted the MP's about this yet?

Given that he's in Germany he may not fall under their jurisdiction...

Still how can a current Issue TAC VEST be declared surplus when they have just been issued  ???

Nfld Sapper said:
Still how can a current Issue TAC VEST be declared surplus when they have just been issued  ???

and even when it comes with its own user's manual............ ::)

Nfld Sapper said:

If it's found to have a defect thus making it NS??  (just a thought)

Of course.. it's most likely stolen.  Not the first time.. not the last time.
Sticky fingers in some QM I suspect.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/cadpat-body-armor-frag-vest-SAPI-plate-carrier_W0QQitemZ190063634976QQihZ009QQcategoryZ36071QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

This listing (190063634976) has been removed or is no longer available. Please make sure you entered the right item number.
If the listing was removed by eBay, consider it cancelled. Note: Listings that have ended more than 90 days ago will no longer appear on eBay.

So much for that investigation.  Hope someone got some info on it before it went bye bye.  :P

Trakalo said:
ya i know the seller, i asked him how he got his hands on a prototype AR Cadpat sniper suit .......in germany. he never replied. :P

So Trakalo

Against all the warnings we have given you on this site, you have "Warned Off the Seller" and possibly interfered with a Criminal Investigation.  Well Done You.  ::)

George Wallace said:
So Trakalo

Against all the warnings we have given you on this site, you have "Warned Off the Seller" and possibly interfered with a Criminal Investigation.   Well Done You.   ::)

George any "Ebayer" /potential buyer can ask whetever question he/she likes of a seller.  Although the seller of course may not respond.

Hopefully though the powers that be are already on top of the situation (s) with regard to potentially ill gotten goods offered for sale/auction by persons of ill repute. 

With the hope that the guilty B_stards are caught, hung, drawn and quartered.

Time for tea...Merry Xmas to one and all.

George Wallace said:
So Trakalo

Against all the warnings we have given you on this site, you have "Warned Off the Seller" and possibly interfered with a Criminal Investigation.   Well Done You.   ::)

no that was almost six months ago that i tried to ask him, not to threaten him but a simple question how he got it.
he ended up selling it anyways...... :P

Merry Christmas ;D

So it looks like the seller ripped off an airman...pretty nifty.
But the higher ups should already be on top of this (or as 'on top' as they could be for someone outside Canada) since the kit wasn't hard to find.

Lerch don't you have a bunch of issue kit aswell...

like the tac vest, boonie hat an helmet..
http://ct.pbase.com/g6/44/727944/2/70541397.9CPv2zlU.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.ca/very-rare-CADPAT-AR-tactical-vest-first-pattern-XL_W0QQitemZ140067321029QQihZ004QQcategoryZ36071QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140067321029&indexURL=2&photoDisplayType=2#ebayphotohosting

*****--****  Hummm.... one doesn't even need to buy it to trace the number.... nice....
(blotted out the number because I think it is protected)

I know this is likely just a quick way for some dishonest person to make money and the buyer is likely just some "odd-person" with an interesting sex life,  but seeing issued stuff for sale actually freaks me out.  If "they" (we are at war remember) got ahold of our uniforms it wouldn't take much to make copies,  good copies or even use the ones purchased in combat.  Imagine the tactical advantage to approaching a group of Canadians in a CF uniform. And that is just what I, with my limited imagination, could think of.  How about if Timmy started running around doing horrible things in the CF uniform ... wouldn't take much to get really bad really fast.

It isn't just theft,  it could cost lives - it is/could be treason. I don't care if the seller is in Germany. I'm surprised, I always thought the Germans were better at this.  Although they might just want to see who buys it. 

The only kit I bought was my beret,  and that was because I wanted to take the lining out.

1.  That's why we have passwords.  Just because you are dressed like a soldier
doesn't mean you can just walk up to other soldiers in a war zone.

2. US kit is everywhere and easy to buy.  Why try getting Canadian stuff (green)
when you can buy an entire set of American kit and attempt what you are suggesting..

Situational Awareness.  If a soldier comes out of no where and you are the only friendly
units in the area.... your spider senses should be going off.

Back