• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Alleged PMO obstruction in SNC Lavalin case

JWR was just "removed from the Liberal caucus as the confirmed.... candidate in the 2019 election".

Just breaking now, JWR has been removed from the Liberal caucus. The LPC are ripping off the bandaid. Curious to see what happens with Philpott.

I'll be curious to see what she does now. I think her window for crossing the floor closed a while ago, and particularly with the recording of conversations, she's painted a black mark on herself. But she still has a great deal of credibility, popular support, and political clout in B.C.

BC's next provincial election is October 2021...

Brihard said:
Curious to see what happens with Philpott.
Her conduct was not as overtly unethical and egregious as JWR's.  She'll likely stay.

Brihard said:
I'll be curious to see what she does now.
  Based on FJAG's post of the CBA rules she's alleged to have broken, I think her days as a lawyer are over.  There's also an ever increasing parade of Liberals, many of the lawyers, knifing her for her conduct while still obfuscating the actual content of the recording.

Brihard said:
I think her window for crossing the floor closed a while ago, and particularly with the recording of conversations, she's painted a black mark on herself.

Politically she's untrustworthy now. I doubt any federal party will touch her.

Brihard said:
But she still has a great deal of credibility, popular support, and political clout in B.C.
She may well emerge as an activist/lobbyist for any number of causes that will cause the PM sleepless nights.

Philpott is out too.

JWR may have overplayed her hand with the recording. She has made herself a poison pill. This is still a total goat rodeo for the LPC of course, but the recording gives a relatively easy out for the removal from caucus, and JWR has not done her own future any favours. I'm very curious to see how she in turn plays this.

Brihard said:
Philpott is out too.
  Well, I can't be right 100% of the time.  Just when my wife lets me.

Brihard said:
I'm very curious to see how she in turn plays this.
She will be playing defense for the next couple of days.  Then the Liberals will lay off in the hope that she stays quiet.  Time to move on.

JWR will become the person sitting opposite the Minister of Indigenous Affairs.  The potential loss of 9000 jobs palls against the potential damage she can cause sitting there.

With YZT on this one.

I expect JWR to negotiating pipelines on behalf of the AFN shortly.  And I am not sure that would be a bad thing. There are deals to be had.

JWR now has nothing to lose.... if the Liberals thought this would make her go away, they probably just underestimated her greatly. Now all those skeletons are going to start coming out of the closet (minus any cabinet confidences).

What is the old saying about the, "Liberals eating their own!" Here we are seeing it in technicolour.

Chris Pook said:
I expect JWR to negotiating pipelines on behalf of the AFN and/or affected First Nations shortly.  And I am not sure that would be a bad thing. There are deals to be had.
A slight add, depending on the pipeline in question.

If she does go down that road (my  :2c::  I'm not convinced she'd go down that road right now), here's the delicious irony:  depending on the pipeline in question, she could end up negotiating with this guy ...
iacobuccif_bio.jpg

... who happens to be Canada's guy @ the table on the no-pipeline-yet Canada now owns - and one of SNC's learned counsel  ;D

PuckChaser said:
JWR now has nothing to lose.... if the Liberals thought this would make her go away, they probably just underestimated her greatly. Now all those skeletons are going to start coming out of the closet (minus any cabinet confidences).
  Just imagine for a moment.  She is one of those rare people who are exactly what they say they are: in her case she claims to be dedicated to the liberal philosophy and idealism: including honesty and truthfulness, exactly the things that Trudeau claimed in the last election.  Now, having had her idealism shattered by the actions of the PM and the PMO and being thoroughly disgusted with the whole group she has personally declared war on the entire group.  What is the old saying;@nothing so fierce as a woman scorned'.  There is no end too the amount of hurt she is able to inflict.  She could single-handedly cause a re-build of the entire party especially if she has the backing of the first nations.

End of dream.

The Liberal Party of Canada: utterly, completely morally and ethically bankrupt.

Heav'n has no Rage, like Love to Hatred turn'd, Nor Hell a Fury, like a Woman scorn'd."  ( from The Mourning Bride  by William Congreve)

I like the original better than 'hell has no fury like...' as the Furies were pretty badass.

Now that she's out of the party, wonder if she will take up the gauntlet thrown by the Liberal MP that suggested she use parliamentary privileged to break cabinet confidence.

The CBC comments on this one are definitely not on the Liberal side either, most cutting one I saw was 'They wanted tokens and got actual leaders with integrity'.  Ouch. They may have wanted to do a bit of research with what a 'truth speaker' meant in her bio.

With Fishbone on this one; you can't call out someone for recording your conversation based on ethics when the whole situation that precipitated the conversation was unethical, and it wouldn't have happened if they had listened to her in September (or October. Or November..) when she said she had reviewed the decision and made up her mind.

Philpott's riding was one of the 'new' ones last election. So far as I can tell from the history of its constituent components, it's definitely up for grabs between CPC and LPC.

SeaKingTacco said:
The Liberal Party of Canada: utterly, completely morally and ethically bankrupt.

Never thought I'd enjoy watching the Liberals in action. I'm quite happy how they've handled everything so far. I was a bit worried they wouldn't fire JWR but they pulled though again.

YZT580 said:
Surely they wouldn't be that stupid or arrogant.

Oh, you underestimate the Liberal Party of Canada.  The DPA is coming, along with a bunch of other back-burner items.  There will be a last minute flurry of activity to cement the PMs agenda before the writ is dropped.

Jarnhamar said:
Never thought I'd enjoy watching the Liberals in action. I'm quite happy how they've handled everything so far. I was a bit worried they wouldn't fire JWR but they pulled though again.
Never missing an opportunity to miss an opportunity these guys, right?  ;D

Meanwhile, on Sheila Copps' Twitter feed ...

Attachments

• SCTwitter1.JPG
    SCTwitter1.JPG
    47.9 KB · Views: 163
  • SCTwitter2.JPG
    SCTwitter2.JPG
    27.4 KB · Views: 171
  • SCTwitter3.JPG
    SCTwitter3.JPG
    53.9 KB · Views: 185
  • SCTwitter4.JPG
    SCTwitter4.JPG
    79.9 KB · Views: 155
The Liberals must protect the leader at all costs! Doesn’t that sound a little creepy? Certainly does to me!

Back