• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

A Deeply Fractured US

She doesn't need the benefit of doubt. I was reading it, as an adult with a sense of humour, so I knew where she was coming from.😉

But, I'm getting drawn back in to what I was trying to avoid. The Us versus Them attitude of this thread. Outta here.🫡

She doesn't need the benefit of doubt. I was reading it, as an adult with a sense of humour, so I knew where she was coming from.😉

But, I'm getting drawn back in to what I was trying to avoid. The Us versus Them attitude of this thread. Outta here.🫡
She has literally made the demand three times today. This isn’t her joking or being sarcastic, nor is it ‘us vs them’, it’s just Boebert sidling up to an already low bar of expectations and still finding room to squirm under. But it’s indicative of the sort of bad faith that comes even from congressional representatives… In a thread about America’s fracture, it’s topical.

Receipts:

She doesn't need the benefit of doubt. I was reading it, as an adult with a sense of humour, so I knew where she was coming from.
That’s one read. Up to the sender of the message to be clear, not up to millions of receivers to be clairvoyant and “knowing”what is meant. That goes for comms on all sides, this narrative included.

Whos the Us and the Them?

She doesn’t get the benefit of the doubt when it comes to saying wacky stuff; she’s spent too much time in Congress LARPing as a box of rocks. She had a firm grip on some things, but reality isn’t among them.
Hey, cmon now, a box of rocks could at least hold something down or act as ballast, which is useful. She's spare parts at best, and is actively wasting oxygen plants did some hard work making.

It appears that Harris has already received more than enough unofficial pledges from Democrat delegates to clinch the nomination at the Convention.

The delegates aren’t bound by these pledges, but she’s likely the nominee-apparent at this point. I’ve yet to hear of anyone talking about mounting a serious challenge.

From the same people who thought Biden was perfectly fine until 5 minutes ago.

Who were then "shocked" by his debate performance.

And pretend now not to have foreseen his inevitable dropping out of the race.

You'd think the benefit of anonymity and the threat of ridicule would make folks a bit more honest. Guess not. No surprise then, that for two pages, all they've had on offer is personal attacks against someone they've never met.

From the same people who thought Biden was perfectly fine until 5 minutes ago.
No, most people here were less than enthusiastic about Biden. Both candidates were see as unfit.
Who were then "shocked" by his debate performance.
Not really no. But it certainly reinforced and increased the existing view.
And pretend now not to have foreseen his inevitable dropping out of the race.
Pretend? Not sure what you are getting at. Until things turned on him, it looked like he was staying on. Plenty enough were saying he was too old or unfit.
You'd think the benefit of anonymity and the threat of ridicule would make folks a bit more honest. Guess not. No surprise then, that for two pages, all they've had on offer is personal attacks against someone they've never met.
Really, like what?

Oh and if that is your standard about personal attacks to people you’ve never met I’ll hold you to that.

Back