• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

2022 CPC Leadership Discussion: Et tu Redeux

At the end of the episode, Jesse and his guest host (a teacher and Tik Toker Frank Domenic) go on this odd tangent on how conservatives are able to make fun of themselves (ala Jeff Foxworthy). I'm still trying to figure out what they were getting at. Is it a bad thing that conservatives have inside jokes? Are lefties that puritan that they are unable or unwilling to laugh at themselves?
I haven't listened to this episode yet, but given Jesse's general proclivities, I suspect it's the latter. Could be an extension of the "the left can't meme" thing, maybe.

I'm still trying to figure out what they were getting at. Is it a bad thing that conservatives have inside jokes? Are lefties that puritan that they are unable or unwilling to laugh at themselves?
Lefties only make fun of righties. How dare you try to make fun of (pick a left winger)!!! ;)

Put this here instead of in the rail strike thread so the politics involved can be discussed.

Interesting approach on the railway labour situation ....
Snippet from the CP story (as of ~1430E today, anyway)
1724440163484.png
As of this post, nothing on Twitter ...
... or the info-machine's news release list

Canadaland goes over the PP Video.

At the end of the episode, Jesse and his guest host (a teacher and Tik Toker Frank Domenic) go on this odd tangent on how conservatives are able to make fun of themselves (ala Jeff Foxworthy). I'm still trying to figure out what they were getting at. Is it a bad thing that conservatives have inside jokes? Are lefties that puritan that they are unable or unwilling to laugh at themselves?

Also Jesse puts a plea to future Jesse that he is not a person that should be named to the Senate (re: Charles Adler and the unmentioned Mike Duffy)
I wasn’t expecting “lefties” and “puritan” in the same sentence…

Back