• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

2022 CPC Leadership Discussion: Et tu Redeux

It's both telling and humorous that people are losing their shit over the origin of some pictures used in an ad ...
If you're not concerned about pictures not quite matching the story, are you OK with VAC & VAC management for this video, then? After all, it's just losing one's shit over where some pictures came from for an ad, right?
... Anymore fly shit to pick out of pepper? ...
And you'd consider it picking fly shit out of pepper if a Team Red campaign video included shots of Russian fighters being referred to as Canadian jet fighters? See VAC video fracas above ....
... If any of this was a serious issue, believe me, the CBC and Toronto Star (and some others) would totally run with it ...
1000% - and I say, watch and shoot unless Team Blue comes out with a clear, unambiguous "we did not make or endorse this video - it was deep faked" statement.
... and what their priorities for a leader are.
This bump in the road may or may not tell me about what he'll be like as PM if he wins, but it sure tells me a bit about the internal processes that led to the research and production of this video.

I haven't seen/heard Team Blue say it's a fake or made up, so unless that happens (and I'll be happy to withdraw my concerns if it was faked), I'll take it that someone dropped a research ball inside the party info-sausage making machine. That makes it, at least, an indirect indicator of how the team is managed/led. Not huge, but not zero and drawing the eye.

You know, assessing the leader based on their team -- sorta like people pointing to, say, Chiefs of Staff or politicians' political team members as indicators of their boss's abilities or lack thereof. Not that that ever happens in the political threads to all sorts of political leaders, am I right? ;)

OH NO! Pierre P ate a bagel with wheat made from the USA.
OMG! Pierre P farted near people!
HOW DARE HE! Pierre didn't tie his left shoe properly on the 13th of August!
WOULD YOU BELIEVE IT! Pierre P speaks English, so does Trump, Pierre P is caucasian, so is Trump, Pierre P is a male, oh no, so is Trump! Whats going on here?

Seriously? Anymore fly shit to pick out of pepper? He is still rocking the polls. He is still rocking the in person meetings. He has VALID concerns nd not chicken shit, worthless nit picking points to tackle.

If any of this was a serious issue, believe me, the CBC and Toronto Star (and some others) would totally run with it.

It was like Jagmeet and Charlie Angus trying to accuse the CPC of using bot farms. Elections Canada looked into and said no proof it was them (and it made no sense to hire a bot farm as the CPC rocking the polls)
Sure you're in the right spot? Sure you're not talking about Trump and the US Election thread?

If you're not concerned about pictures not quite matching the story, are you OK with VAC & VAC management for this video, then? After all, it's just losing one's shit over where some pictures came from for an ad, right?

And you'd consider it picking fly shit out of pepper if a Team Red campaign video included shots of Russian fighters being referred to as Canadian jet fighters? See VAC video fracas above ....
During the run up to Bill C-71, Team Red put out ads "Taking Action Against Gun Violence" which showed hunters and sport shooters.

During the run up to Bill C-71, Team Red put out ads "Taking Action Against Gun Violence" which showed hunters and sport shooters.
Oh yeah - and I'm guessing not many folks who legally and responsibly own/use firearms thought that was just small potatoes (rightly so).

Oh yeah - and I'm guessing not many folks who legally and responsibly own/use firearms thought that was just small potatoes (rightly so).
Pictures of mountains and foothills v Nazis and demonizing a specific group of Canadians.

You may think they are the same, but I don't.

Here is Angus Reid’s PP tracker.

You can see how well he rates as far as being favourable/unfavourable.

So trending well, in comparison to others, right? 😉
IMG_4824.jpegIMG_4825.jpeg
IMG_4826.jpegIMG_4827.jpeg

Pictures of mountains and foothills v Nazis and demonizing a specific group of Canadians.
So you're OK with Russian jet fighters being portrayed as Canadian ones, then? Or the staff of someone who wants to be PM not knowing the difference? And if a Team Red or Team Orange politician did that, you'd be OK with their ability to do defence issues? We'll have to agree to disagree on whether that's a nothing burger if Team Blue does it - not a major foul, but above zero in the management category.
You may think they are the same, but I don't.
May not be the same, but in the same "wrong pictures for the context" neighbourhood.

So you're OK with Russian jet fighters being portrayed as Canadian ones, then? Or the staff of someone who wants to be PM not knowing the difference? And if a Team Red or Team Orange politician did that, you'd be OK with their ability to do defence issues? We'll have to agree to disagree on whether that's a nothing burger if Team Blue does it - not a major foul, but above zero in the management category.
I’ll go digging for it, but I had a DND/DRDC operational research presentation on the future of the RCAF, and the clip art used for fighter aircraft was a MiG-29 Fulcrum…from an official GoC document… 😆 …perhaps this means that Poilievre and his team will be well-qualified to run the extremely well-oiled Canadian federal government on October 20 27, 2025?

I’ll go digging for it, but I had a DND/DRDC operational research presentation on the future of the RCAF, and the clip art used for fighter aircraft was a MiG-29 Fulcrum…from an official GoC document… 😆 …perhaps this means that Poilievre and his team will be well-qualified to run the extremely well-oiled Canadian federal government on October 20 27, 2025?
Or at least no worse than? :) Good one!

How much of the problem is a cohort of people used to putting together presentations using any old visual content they can scrape up from the Web?

How much of the problem is a cohort of people used to putting together presentations using any old visual content they can scrape up from the Web?
Without any sense of historical backgrounding, especially - yup.

May not be the same, but in the same "wrong pictures for the context" neighbourhood.

OK, but let’s be real here. That was probably thrown together by some kid who just finished his poli sci degree at Carleton a couple months ago and just started as a parliamentary assistant. Most of the ground level grunt work on these things are being by early 20-somethings who are just out of school (or not done yet) and trying to get a job within a party or a campaign. That’s why I find these blunders silly and funny but nothing beyond that. All sides make them. This one just happened to be more blunderful than most due to the string of decidedly not-Canadian stock footage on a video about bringing stuff home. If the LPC or NDP had published a “yay Canada” video with footage of a university in Kyiv, a couple Sukhois flying over, and a masonry hammer purporting to be used for framing, I’d find that funny too.

I definitely don’t think the video-cobbling skills of some university kit meaningfully reflect anything pertaining to the candidate. I have significant issues with Poilievre on a few matters, but none of that is in play here.

OK, but let’s be real here. That was probably thrown together by some kid who just finished his poli sci degree at Carleton a couple months ago and just started as a parliamentary assistant. Most of the ground level grunt work on these things are being by early 20-somethings who are just out of school (or not done yet) and trying to get a job within a party or a campaign. That’s why I find these blunders silly and funny but nothing beyond that. All sides make them. This one just happened to be more blunderful than most due to the string of decidedly not-Canadian stock footage on a video about bringing stuff home. If the LPC or NDP had published a “yay Canada” video with footage of a university in Kyiv, a couple Sukhois flying over, and a masonry hammer purporting to be used for framing, I’d find that funny too.

I definitely don’t think the video-cobbling skills of some university kit meaningfully reflect anything pertaining to the candidate. I have significant issues with Poilievre on a few matters, but none of that is in play here.
That’s why I called it at best an indirect management/oversight issue, not necessarily something that hits all the PM’y buttons. Just interesting to see the differential responses - hence the “political-ness” of the thread I guess :)

Back