• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New Dress Regs 🤣

SM yesterday was rife with women talking about the colour of their nails for today. Followed by a few talking about their hair colour. There will also be a pile of guys with goatee's today.

SM yesterday was rife with women talking about the colour of their nails for today. Followed by a few talking about their hair colour. There will also be a pile of guys with goatee's today.
I had a weekend worth of stubble that I shaved off and left a goatee today just because I can, but still WFH anyway so who cares. Sure there will be lots of that, ,and simple things like bright nail colours etc.

Will be funny to see how many people wreck their hair trying to do the dye jobs though; going bright colours is a lot of steps to do properly and you can fry your hair to the point of it falling out. good reason it costs a lot at a professional.

Really much ado about nothing, but there are still people that lose their minds if you wear a beret as a Naval officer with a short sleeve (IAW the dress manual), so suspect it will take a while for some people to get over it, and others never will.

Still provides zero actual operational capability and arguably litterally putting lipstick on a broken pig. Just wish the BGHs would devote as much time and effort into ensuring we have the resources, time and capacity to make things actually work and keep them working as they do for the buttons, bows, morale badges and other BS they focus on.

Really much ado about nothing, but there are still people that lose their minds if you wear a beret as a Naval officer with a short sleeve (IAW the dress manual),
200.gif

You'll never convince me that officer beret with ss shirt is a good look.
:unsure:

You'll never convince me that officer beret with ss shirt is a good look.
:unsure:

I don't really see any functional difference between an officer or NCM wearing a beret with DEUs, but with the new hat being cooler (but ugly and Soviet looking) probably just makes more sense to stick with that one in the summer anyway. It is an order of dress though, so the beret is a lot easier to travel with, even if it is a pain in the butt.

I don't really see any functional difference between an officer or NCM wearing a beret with DEUs, but with the new hat being cooler (but ugly and Soviet looking) probably just makes more sense to stick with that one in the summer anyway. It is an order of dress though, so the beret is a lot easier to travel with, even if it is a pain in the butt.
I actually really like the new hat, fits nice and no it is nowhere close to the size of the Soviets. I saw those close up back at the end of Cold War.

Is anyone else a bit disappointed that the only changes to the dress manual were in Chapter 2, Section 2 - Appearance? This would have an ideal time for DHH to give the whole manual a more modern look. We could have gotten rid of the pencil drawings and had actual high-quality photographs. Maybe it is just me but I think we can do better than this:

1662490894057.png

Is anyone else a bit disappointed that the only changes to the dress manual were in Chapter 2, Section 2 - Appearance? This would have an ideal time for DHH to give the whole manual a more modern look. We could have gotten rid of the pencil drawings and had actual high-quality photographs. Maybe it is just me but I think we can do better than this:

View attachment 73382
Are the drawings too hard to understand?

Are the drawings too hard to understand?
Based on the photos that got signed off by PA for the placement of the moustache pin, the drawings are really for the best, and at least aligned properly.

But as long as they are understandable, who cares? Accessing large files on the DWAN is already a pain.

View attachment 73382

Dude, c'mon... they used their best two crayons ;)

Make It Rain Crayon GIF by NineLineApparel

View attachment 73382
I heard a rumour that part of the delay was that the pictures proposed were kicked back to be replaced with drawings. Can’t remember where I heard it though. 🤷‍♂️

Anyone seen any social media collecting “best of” photos from today yet? I don’t really care about the little bits of hair colouring; I wanna see the angry Cpls who woke up today and chose violence.

Back