• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

William Shatner for next Governor General

kratz

Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
Last year fans were advocating to have William Shatner nominated as an Honorary Captain (Navy)

Now, this afternoon in theglobeandmail.com , there are reports people are pushing to have Shatner appointed as the next Governor General.

Sometimes reality is stranger than fiction.

Vote YES!!!

Anyone that can take on Klingons, Romulans and Tribbles gets my vote. Just don't wear a red shirt around him.

Do red berets count as red shirts?  :camo:

T.J. Hooker is back on the beat. Just when we need him most!
"Me and my hair weave are riding on your car hood, punk!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7S6JW5EfD8

Nonsense like this always makes me glad we're not a republic.

But yeah, any Prime Minister who would be idiotic enough to appoint a GG recommend to Her Majesty a candidate for GG who isn't bilingual deserves the resounding trouncing they're going to get in the next election.

gcclarke said:

But yeah, any Prime Minister who would be idiotic enough to appoint a GG recommend to Her Majesty a candidate for GG who isn't bilingual deserves the resounding trouncing they're going to get in the next election.

Yes, much more palatable to the masses to reward years of diligent service in the (dis) information wing of the Politburo.

gcclarke said:

Don't be hatin' on the trekkies! I see that Trooper in your avatar!  >:(

The Crowe said:
Don't be hatin' on the trekkies! I see that Trooper in your avatar!  >:(

That's nothing. You should see the tattoo on my leg.

gcclarke said:
That's nothing. You should see the tattoo on my leg.

ttiwwop.gif

Dirt Digger said:
...and each commissioning scroll will come with a $60.00 autograph fee.

I don't see an emoticon for how hard I laughed at that...but as a Trekkie, that would be flipping great to have his signature on my commissioning scroll!  Whether or not he would be a good GG is quite questionable though.  There is a release of the "Captain's Summit" which he is in (released last year), and he doesn't really seem all that with it.  As an interesting way of promoting Canadians to the world, it may work.  On top of that, I'd go back to Ceremonial Guard just for the HEGG parade!

ekpiper

Gaaaahh!!  :o  Should have resized that.  Nice, though!!  :nod:

Lets see MR Shatner has  Bad acting and the uncanny ability to have his shirts getting riped off every other day and now they want him as Governor General  .    Well at least he will blend in with all the other bad actors on Parliament hill.  ;D

God forbid we would actually nominate someone with significant military experience to be the next GG like Gen Hillier or Gen MacKenzie.

Do you think Royal Bank would make Shatner the one in charge of economic affairs?

I agree sometimes you need someone from the outside to get you back on course if you have gone astray (like GM did), but at least you still pick someone who knows how to run a company.

This, from Shatner himself (on a verified Twitter account):
I'm being drafted by various groups to run for Governor General. Would they accept me if I campaign for salmons' rights? My best, Bill

Here's what little discussion there is on his web site forum:
http://www.williamshatner.com/PNphpBB2-viewtopic-t-37285-sid-614654aa1e45d559ffc9950a6917d3be.phtml

Here's someplace to cast your vote for who should be GG:
http://www.themarknews.com/articles/1326-pick-the-next-governor-general?page=5

karl28 said:
              Lets see MR Shatner has  Bad acting and the uncanny ability to have his shirts getting riped off every other day and now they want him as Governor General  .    Well at least he will blend in with all the other bad actors on Parliament hill.  ;D

And we can rate his reading of the Throne Speech as "Pure Shat".

Back