• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Will 2021 see a new pistol buy?

Will the CAF's new pistol be a:

• the new US service pistol, the Sig Sauer P320 (M17/M18)?

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • the British version of the Glock 17?

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • a Beretta APX?

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • a Canadian designed Black Creek Labs PX17?

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • a Norinco?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • something else?

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Couple interesting items.
Sig has announced that they have completed the 1st delivery of the C22 to the CAF for a total of 7000 pistols. Total of 16500 pistols to be delivered.
The apparent service life of the C22 will be 25 years. Attrition stocks are part of the 16500 and no additional buys are planned.
500 C22 pistols will be converted into SAT pistols.
Simmunition kits to follow at some point as well.
Not every pistol will come with all three grip modules but a certain percentage of a units allocation will have small and large grips available.
3rd Bns will get double the pistol allocation as Mech Bns.

3rd Bns will get double the pistol allocation as Mech Bns.

black lagoon fighting GIF

Because two pistols are lighter than a rifle?
Because ‘logic’ dictates that since for a LAV unit you need 12 for vehicle crew plus the other standard positions for pistols (which IIRC was Pl Comd, WO and MG Gunner, I can’t recal of the Section Commanders got one by strict TO&E —- so doubling that means everyone could get issued one in the LIB’s

How much extra did we pay for the snazzy cases which will be piled in a corner for five years and then sent for resale?

They are being shipped by the finest mule train the CAF can muster, so there is that...
I asked that the CFO put on my ATT "To Post Office at address xxx (400m from my house) wrapped and secured for mailing" I got a big NO from them. But my postie can deliver it to my door in the same packaging........

How much extra did we pay for the snazzy cases which will be piled in a corner for five years and then sent for resale?
The moving average & standard price for the case is a fairly average price and less than what one would pay if they bought it themselves.

Nerd material management alert/tangent

The case in the system right now is actually a complete gun kit (case plus all the of the cleaning kit, as the pistol and the magazines are separately accountable, separately demandable). Usually a case/container and each cleaning part is a separate item but that hasn't been broken out in the system yet. So don't lose cleaning parts....yet

The so what is if someone sends a pistol for repair in the case (which is an ideal way to ship it), they also need to to include the case material # in the transfer order or over the years we will lose positive control of the inventory

end Nerd material management alert/tangent

The handling test was copied from the default test, so it includes "fail to attempt to engage the safety" as an automatic fail, when the C22 doesn't have a safety.

Not long before they're stored in these. CQ special.

milk-crate-waterbottle-puck-carrier-6bb88d0d-2523-4468-8034-58dfeeedadff-jpgrendition.jpg

Actually in unit. I for one am shocked.

Do you have any holsters for them yet?

I've seen allied soldiers overseas carrying the pistols and the holsters were gigantic; it was like the pistols were sticking out a foot.

Back