• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Who'll be the next CDS? Speculation here, please!!

heh... now everyone can speculate on the musical chairs that'll come
VCDS
Canada.com
CEF.com
SOF.com
Army.ca
Navy.ca
Airforce.ca
and whatever other organisation I might have missed.

Congrats to Gen Natynczyk on his new position

You've got one hell of a pair of boots to fill

I don't think SOFCOM is due to change, but I think we will see Leslie moving somewhere...though I have heard that should he not get the CDS postion he was thinking of leaving the CF. That however is just rumor mill

BulletMagnet said:
I don't think SOFCOM is due to change, but I think we will see Leslie moving somewhere...though I have heard that should he not get the CDS postion he was thinking of leaving the CF. That however is just rumor mill

Would that have been for "Political Ambitions"?

BulletMagnet said:
\
Thanks for keeping a rumour going.  General Leslie could be in line for VCDS, but thats my own speculation not rumour.  See the difference.

Hissy fit, political ambition within the Liberal Party...same same LOL

As for speculation vice rumor it was not some Cpl in a locker room shooting the bull who espoused the ambiotns of Leslie. But I agree he would should be in line for VCDS

geo said:
heh... now everyone can speculate on the musical chairs that'll come
VCDS
Canada.com
CEF.com
SOF.com
Army.ca
Navy.ca
Airforce.ca
and whatever other organisation I might have missed.

Congrats to Gen Natynczyk on his new position

You've got one hell of a pair of boots to fill

I don't think you'll see many chnges to the Dot.coms.  It will be interesting to see who takes over as VCDS, and I speculate a prominant AF officer, who was in the running for CDS.  As for the Dot.ca's; that would be Vern, Ex Dragoon and CDN Aviator in that order.   ;D

George,
He'll bring his own boots. You know as well as I do that they're cut from the same cloth though.

General Natynczyk, eh?

Well I sure won't mind serving under him at all ;D

Congrats to the General
Baker

Sounds like a winner to me!!
All the left wing types will be pouting....because of his experience in Iraq.

Harley Sailor said:
Congrats General Natynczyk.  But has he ever been to sea Billy.

And probably has the yellow ducky to prove it!  ;D

TCBF said:
- As did a lot of other fine (and modest) soldiers!

;D

I modestly agree ;D 

Good to hear, always thought he was a great guy and I am sure he will have no problem filling Gen Hillier's boots

From a personal perspective, Gen Leslie is young enough that, even after 2.5 - 3 years,  he'd still be young enough to fill the CDS' boots.  Put him as VCDS in the interrim - so he does not appear to be "TOO" army to all the other colours.

I guess the idea of the puzzle palace is that no Navy or Air Force brass can handle the Afghanistan mission?

I'll add my congratulations to the list.

Gen Natynczyk will do an outstanding job.  Trust me.

im having a hard time pronouncing the general's name :-[ but congratulations to him

Smilin' Walt....that's two in a row.

Another good day to be a Dragoon.

Regards

Back