• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Who is/was the greatest Canadian?

K. Ash

Inactive
Reaction score
If this topic as been posted before than I apologize for the second post. I didn‘t see it in my search.

I seen this on the CBC, appearently they‘re having a contest or show where you can vote for who you think to be the greatest Canadian.

Who wouyld get your vote?

(Edited for content)

*Thinks*
Well, I‘d vote for Mike Bobbit for creating this website! :D

How about Un-sung hero "Tommy Prince"
I‘m still trying to find a book about him. I‘ve seen some documentaries on Historytelevision and APTNetwork.

There are a number of Great Canadians!
A few of my favorites are;
-Sir Isaac Brock.
-Gen L MacKenzie
-Gen Dallaire
-Farley Mowat
-Tom Conners
-I‘m sure I‘ve left out a bunch...Maybe someone else can suggest a few worthy of mention. :cool:

-Oh ya, last but not least-The guy who did the voice over for the Pizzaville Commercial (Uh, well...It was a rainy day in Pizzaville when...) :blotto:

Slim

Who‘s the great Canadians?
WE ARE!
We just don‘t realise it.

Terry Fox.

A couple of months ago, those two British adventurers ran 7 marathons in a week, and their bodies were devastated by the end, they couldn‘t believe the physical toll involved. Terry Fox ran 7 marathons in a week. And then repeated the feat 19 times in a row. :cdn:

I don‘t know about the greatest Canadian -- definitely a difficult choice. But if I were to pick the most famous Canadian, I would probably go with Wayne Gretzky.

I don‘t know about the greatest Canadian -- definitely a difficult choice. But if I were to pick the most famous Canadian, I would probably go with Wayne Gretzky.

Im definatly with Slim with Dallaire and LW MacKenzie, but Farley Mowat? Wasnt he the guy who wrote the books about owls and such that i read in grade 4? Im not sure what else he‘s done other than right books. Only thing I know about him is he‘s a strong animal rights activist.

Pierre Elliot Trudeau

The Reasons

1969 Official Languages Act
1970 October Crisis and how he handled it
and most importantly our constitution in 1982

He couldn‘t have been that bad. Stayed in office from 1968 to 1979 and was re-elected to hold Canada from 1980-1984.

Shaun...

I fear the backlash that your post has created... There is a great... resentment (to put it mildly) of that man to the people of the west...

But, maybe I am wrong...

Originally posted by Tyrnagog:
[qb] Shaun...

I fear the backlash that your post has created... There is a great... resentment (to put it mildly) of that man to the people of the west...

But, maybe I am wrong... [/qb]
Tyrnagog,

There may be resentment in the west, but I live in Ontario so I‘m sure you can understand my reasons. I was only born in 1982 but from what I‘ve read about Trudeau, I‘ve come to my reasons for thinking he was a great leader.

My second choice, however, would be the men and women that serve in the Canadian Armed Forces. I cannot wait until I am part of that group as it will give me great pride to serve alongside each of you.

Well said, Infanteer... :)

I understand you‘re reasoning, Shaun. Trudeau did do a few good things, but I don‘t think he did enough to make him the greatest Canadian...

I agree with you about the members of the Canadian Armed Forces. They have done a remarkable job in all conflicts that they have been involved in, and I will be proud when I become a member of this tradition..

Back