• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Which comes first?

JulyL

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello,
When I first applied for the army, I applied for infantry trade and took the aptitude test, but the trade was closed,so I decided to wait and reapply next year. However, during the time, I changed my mind to apply for commissioned officer, so I applied for different option on the site. As usual, I received an email from the recruiting center and they told me to come to take the aptitude test (because apparently my file was missing, so they couldn't know that I already took the aptitude test). When I went to the center, they asked if anyone has already taken the CFAT and I raised my hand, then they sent me back home saying that I need to email them my file number which I never received from the first email. One of the recruiter gave me her email to email her, so I emailed her that I could not find the info they asked me, but nothing came back. So I emailed the main center and tried to resolve it, then they told me to retake the aptitude test after 6 months of taking the first test because the test result was not that great (I admit that I was in the worst condition to take the test back then, so I want to take another one if possible). Since it has been more than a year, I emailed back asking when I can do that and how, but again I received no reply. So this year, I applied again for ROTP, then I received a call from the center that I need to send my transcript to RMC to check the eligibility. I want to make sure that nothing is wrong this time, so is what they told me to do correct? Because what I am about to do is different from what I was to do last year.

TL DR; Last year, I was to take the aptitude test first after applying for ROTP, but this year I am asked to send the school transcript first to RMC for ROTP. So, does the eligibility check comes first before the CFAT?

Thank you.

Good Day,

The process has changed this year for ROTP applications.  Part of the process is sending your transcripts to RMC for them to review your courses & grades.
This is the proper process, please continue with the directions that you've been given.

Cheers,
Sgt Laen

Back