• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Where is located the military base of St-Hubert, Quebec?

nickhd

Inactive
Reaction score
They told me my BMQ is going to be there but I really didn't know there was a base there.

On the south shore of Montreal, just past Longueuil. It used to be the location of Mobile Command HQ (the army, i.e.) and an air force base. The base today is part of ASU Montreal (5 GSS) with a few lodger units. It's located next to the airfield in St-Hubert, which has now been civilianized.

Ok!!! nice! thank you! Is it a big base? I'll be heading for Valcartier to do my SQ and BIQ after...

Non, it is NOT a big base.  You will be doing your BMQ living in modular tentage, using the 51 service battalion's parade square and hangar for lessons.

Out of curiosity, why would some get sent to St. Hubert and not St-Jean?

Former CFB St-Hubert (former host to the Air defense Hq and later Mobile force Hq) is now the home of 438 Tac helicopter sqn, 51st Military police platoon, and my unit, 51st Service Bn. There used to be a lot of activity down there, untill most of the base closed down in 1997. Btw, please take care of our hangar, it's old...

It is not small it is cosy!!!  :rofl:

It is at the exact intersection of the 116 route and Chemin Chambly... It is in my hometown  ;D
Follow the indication for the airport...

Actually, don't follow the indicators for the airport as they will take you to the civvy terminal.  You need to head to the police headquarters which is located right beside the front gate of the base. 

You will encounter a gate guard (commissionaire) who will take down your car licence plate details, name and maybe even hand you your "welcome to BMQ" package!!  But you are probably starting your BMQ in the next few days so you'll find that out soon enough!

Bonne chance!

Back