• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

When Hubbies Away....

"Same with the stories of Swingers parties in Shilo in the 80's"
This I need to hear about.

Hey, guys.  I have a few questions about the soap box thing.  (Bear in mind I'm not gathering info for practical use...just a few questions that have popped up over the years.)  I was working with a soldiers a few summers ago when I was introduced to this particular tradition, and another civvie and I came up with these questions.

1.  Does the size of the soap box change how long the 'affair' would last?  For example, would the little, one-wash-only box you get at a laundromat imply a one-night stand, whereas a larger box would entail perhaps a week or so?

2.  Does it have to be Tide?  Since the 'President's Choice' is typically cheaper, would you be able to use that brand?

3.  Which window do you put it in?  I'd hate to send the wrong message if I just run out of storage space in my laundry room and just happen to put the box in the window.

4.  Is there an easy way to remove stickers from the headboard/bedframe/mattress/etc?  I've heard nail polish remover works well, but that might ruin the finish on the bed, and that would just be a dead give-away.  Since the wives would probably know about the stickers, this doesn't seem to me to be an effective method of keeping track of your conquests, as it were.

Frig, this could almost be another thread.

"4.  Is there an easy way to remove stickers from the headboard/bedframe/mattress/etc?  I've heard nail polish remover works well, but that might ruin the finish on the bed, and that would just be a dead give-away.  Since the wives would probably know about the stickers, this doesn't seem to me to be an effective method of keeping track of your conquests, as it were."

- Ya know Meg, ya almost had us fooled.  We would have been suspicious had you just come out and asked us para 4, so you put three other paras in front of it as maskirovka (deception), but, HA!, it did not work...

;D

Tom

I guess I can agree that these stories are legends...

The only question I have is, can a legend be told from first person experience?

Now Tess, gentlemen do NOT kiss and tell - and certainly not online.

;)

Tom

I was but a wee man.....used a chicken sticker...found a pen in the side table....scrawled 48 over it...I am now going to die.......

ah well lived through worse...confession done...spectile ..testicle ...wallet ...watch...

dileas

tess

TCBF said:
Now Tess, gentlemen do NOT kiss and tell - and certainly not online.

;)

Tom

You're presuming Tess is a gentleman. The jury is still out on that. Actually they're probably not coming back. Tess hit on at least two of them, stuck stickers on three more, and pelted laundry soap boxes at the rest.

TCBF and CFL...I am hurt and dismayed.  I'm being totally serious here (where is the emoticon for seriousness?  :mad:  I guess that will have to do).  The questions were asked out of honest curiosity and in good faith.  I have a genuine interest in the inner workings of the whole soap box/sticker intrigue thingie, and there are a few points I've been wondering about.  (Blame it on a relatively boring summer job and soldiers trying to impress me with their bravado.)  There are no pamphlets published or instruction manuals handed out to explain this phenonmenon, and we poor women-folk are left to find what informaiton we can.  I felt that, as the bastion of wisdom and insight into the world of the Canadian military that is army.ca, this would be the best place to gain said information.  And I would never try to pull the wool over your collective eyes.  You are far too intelligent to be fooled by a little army brat like me.

The stickers are not actually on my bed...they're on a chair, and the result of some poor decorating decisions I made when I was 10.  Not as interesting a yarn as I'm sure you would be able to spin, but there it is.

Might be a bit late on this topic, but Presidents Choice detergent should not be used in lieu of Tide, it would ruin the whole saying: Dirts out, Tide's in.
Stickers, magic marker tattoos on sleeping beauties, swingers in shilo, the band visiting the sgt's wife in lahr, all of it and probably a whole lot more is true.
I recall travelling north to Fall Ex with a train of VanDoos, only to have the MPs stop the train in the middle of nowhere the next morning to bring three of the lads back to their Area 31 PMQs as their wives had been found "entertaining" - all at once, with a whole lot of visiting American Airmen if you get my meaning.

In Belmont Park many years ago, I saw quite a few tide boxes in a few windows....

but then again, one of them was for a wife to signal the neighbours husband across the street to come on over for play time...

Never heard of the stickers though.
Pretty good idea!

I once had to return from FallEx, to take care of some personal matters. That evening I went out to the "Number One" to meet someone, and was I ever surprised to find out what happened to the client base when the men folk were away.  Normally the Number One was full of Canadian men and German women, with a sprinkling of Canadian women and very few German men. Well, it turns out that when the whole brigade was away, the bar filled up with Canadian wives and REMFs.  As I passed down the length of the bar I was pinched, poked, grabbed, and otherwise fondled by a multitude of "faithful wives"  It was pretty amusing!

HFXCrow said:
In Petawawa for me it was Copperfields as a young whipper snapper then Halifax was the New Palace.

Stop please!  The nostalgia is making me all teary-eyed.  The Palace...one of my favourite hangouts when I was going to school at Dal!

Hunter said:
The Palace...one of my favourite hangouts when I was going to school at Dal!

I have been here for 18mths and never once stepped foot into the Palace...otherwise known as the last chance for romance  :eek:

Springroll said:
I have been here and never once stepped foot into the Palace..known as the last chance for romance  :eek:

Hey, I wasn't so picky back in those days.  More than once I found myself wondering the next morning how the hell I ended up in Dartmouth. 

Hunter said:
Hey, I wasn't so picky back in those days.   More than once I found myself wondering the next morning how the hell I ended up in Dartmouth.   

That is not a good condition to be in.... ;D

Hunter said:
Hey, I wasn't so picky back in those days.   More than once I found myself wondering the next morning how the hell I ended up in Dartmouth.   

Seconded!! I remember when The Palace and Jerry's were still hooked up. Man Sundays....2 dollar steaks at Jerry's then buck a drink all night, Mondays were not always so good when I was first 19. I also recall my buddy getting the police in Halifax quite nervous one time. Seems they were doing the big fix to the MacDonald bridge and they had johnny rockets lashed to the side of the bridge. Well my friend is staggering his way across the bridge when he has the urge to download. So, he does what any drunk would. Sees the rocket and climbs the fence. Apparently there were a few frantic 911 calls from motorists and the situation was sorted in short order.

Tristan hasn't stopped being teased for nearly getting arrested while taking a dump, though.

Back