• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What's your gas price? 2.0

65.7 for gas, 83.4 for diesel in Dieppe last night when I filled up...not sure the prices here in Halifax.

Flip said:
It's 70.9 /l out here in refinery rowEdmonton.

I still can't figure that out.  We pay the same for natural gas as they do in the lower 48 - except here it's life support - there it's a comfort. Gas same "anomaly". Ticks me off a little.

Be happy about it - you have 10 cents plus on us here on the rock - Gander is at 82 - and we are 2 hours away from the refinery. And no PLD. Oh, and we pay taxes.

Prairie Dog said:
How do we get a $.12 difference in the same province?
Live up here in NWO for a while! We're always $0.10-0.15 more expensive...they say "transportation" costs. $0.79 right now, yet I filled up in over the border Minnesota on the weekend for $0.68 ($0.56 US).  :mad:

ex-Sup said:
Live up here in NWO for a while! We're always $0.10-0.15 more expensive...they say "transportation" costs. $0.79 right now, yet I filled up in over the border Minnesota on the weekend for $0.68 ($0.56 US).  :mad:
Now, when you converted gallons to litres, did you do the Imperial gallon?  Or the US gallon?  It makes a difference (just curious)

Mortarman Rockpainter said:
Now, when you converted gallons to litres, did you do the Imperial gallon?  Or the US gallon?  It makes a difference (just curious)

The gas station just across the CAN-USA Pigeon River border crossing posts the price in Canadian funds per litre as well as US funds per gallon, so I'm guessing they convert from US gallons (since that's what they deal with).

milnews.ca said:
The gas station just across the CAN-USA Pigeon River border crossing posts the price in Canadian funds per litre as well as US funds per gallon, so I'm guessing they convert from US gallons (since that's what they deal with).
Aha, that makes sense.
A few years ago, we were in Kentucky, and the price/gallon was x.  Buddy with us went on about how unfair it was, etc, and that the price was so much cheaper.  After all, there are over four litres per gallon, right?  I corrected him that that there are fewer than four, and it made the difference a bit less.

Sometimes we seem to forget that a gallon is not necessarily a gallon.

milnews.ca said:
Thanks for jumping in Tony  :) The next time I'm there, I'll take a pic of the sign (you can obviously tell they do a lot of cross-border business). As a side note, it's kinda funny to see the posted amount per "liter"

ex-Sup said:
Thanks for jumping in Tony  :) The next time I'm there, I'll take a pic of the sign (you can obviously tell they do a lot of cross-border business). As a side note, it's kinda funny to see the posted amount per "liter"

THAT bit I didn't even notice - thanks for sharing that!

ex-Sup said:
Which, of course, is the way "that" word is spelled in the United States, along with "meter" (which in Canada is something that is used to measure things, eg: thermometer, vice a unit of measurement, eg: metre).
;D

And, if you're in New Brunswick - fill up today (going for 66.9 this morning @ the Gateway in Oromocto) ...

It was just announced on the radio that the provincial government has OK'd an 8 cent per litre price increase effective midnight tonight.

Ottawa had the increase a day or so ago.  I filled up at the Pioneer on Bank St. near Queensdale/Kingsdale yesterday for 72.9.

It was just announced on the radio that the provincial government has OK'd an 8 cent per litre price increase effective midnight tonight

Are gas prices regulated in New Brunswick or is this a tax grab, or both?

Old Sweat said:
Are gas prices regulated in New Brunswick or is this a tax grab, or both?

We're regulated (since '07) ... prior announcement of increases are the norm here now.

Does the government tell the Irvings, or is it the other way around?

NFLD Sapper said:
Predicted $0.07/L increase here on the rock at midnight.

Yup - back up to almost .90 cents - I knew it was too good to last... damn interuption formula!!!

BinRat55 said:
Yup - back up to almost .90 cents - I knew it was too good to last... damn interuption formula!!!

Hence why I threw 40L into my car today while its cheaper.

NFLD Sapper said:
Hence why I threw 40L into my car today while its cheaper.

Yeah, i'm going down to North Atlantic tonight. But really, the 3 extra dollars that it would take to fill up tomorrow is not too bad since we both quit smoking!!!!

Old Sweat said:
Does the government tell the Irvings, or is it the other way around?

New Brunswick Fuel Price Regulation
Setting a price ceiling for automotive and heating fuels will bring stability for consumers when a regulated market begins in New Brunswick on Saturday, July 1.

The Minister of Energy will set the first price of the regulated market, and subsequent prices – adjusted every Thursday – will be set by the Public Utilities Board until the new Energy and Utilities Board is created this fall.

To protect consumers and industry, the regulation contains price-adjustment formulas to intervene if there is a sudden movement in benchmark prices.

Key points for regulation :

- a ceiling price will be set based on New York Harbour gasoline prices, an industry standard;
  there is no minimum price set for retailers;
- a price interruption formula is in place in the event of dramatic changes to world prices either upward, or downward; and
  prices will be posted on the Public Utilities Board website every Thursday.

Maximum Prices :

Current maximum fuel prices are determined by the N.B. Public Utilities Board.

Thanks, Vern. Without asking my bud, Google, are there regional variations?

Back