• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What is the best style of applying face Cam?

Atticus,

What I'm saying essentially is that face cam is an unpleasant aspect of field life. Period! Even people with great skin break out as a result of wearing it. Pores are not meant to be caked and blocked with goo. The new stuff is as close to Noxema as we've ever been, and a far cry from having to use the bug juice to loosen up the old cancer causing stick!

Sensitivity moving a little past skin deep? Thick skin man!!! Don't take it so personally. I hate the face cam too, but it's one of those things we NEED to do the job. Could be worse.

atticus said:
I remember you use to be able to buy a net from wheelers that was CADPAT in design that fit over your head, looked like you were wearing green pantyhose over you head.
Ha it must of been crappy because I don't see it around anymore :p
Feel free to prove me wrong though, I want to see what it looks like anyway if you know a link.
Would Vaseline be a good way or removing cam from your eyes? Since it says on the tub
"Doesn't clog pores"
"Excellent for removing eye make-up"

My best solution to face cam is Baby Wipes......You can put 'em in a ziplock bag and carry it in your small pack or any other methods. Face / baby butt friendly.

HollywoodHitman said:
My best solution to face cam is Baby Wipes

...and they also work good at cleaning Carbon out of weapons, especially the '6 or the '9s. ;D

If you want to remove cam from around your mouth, just eat some food.Yum! You can also tell who's a nose picker in the field, just look for the pink rings around the nose.

:warstory: I rememeber having my fire team partner on basic apply cam on my face (we were told to apply buddy's cam), but he neglected to push the cam beyond the steel shell. Scrape! Of course, he applied it to my neck first. Ouch! Not nice on field razor burn. I got 'em back though, little bugger.

After an ex, my girlfriend took some kind of make up remover to my face.  It worked quite well.  But as fat as application goes, everyone will find a pattern that works well for they're face.  I've noticed a lot of the PPCLI tend to use diagonal stripes with black on the high points and green on the low.

foxtwo said:
Ha it must of been crappy because I don't see it around anymore :p
Feel free to prove me wrong though, I want to see what it looks like anyway if you know a link.

Yeah, I looked but I couldn't find it on their website. I know its in the flyer they sent me a little while ago, so if you get the wheelers flyer it should be in there.

We were taught put green all over your face as a base and from there put black on the raised points on your face(nose cheekbones) and green in the recesses (eye sockets lower areas of the face) and in the middle areas brown( around the cheeks split with the green)

I just smear the shit on - it all blends and sweats off your face in 5 minutes anyways....

one of the guys in the company is allergic to the cam cream, apparently he found out the hard way when caming up last year. He had pretty bad rashes on his face and neck, not a laughing matter.

Because the facial features are naturally in a "T" shape, I simply rub green all over, then write a letter on my face IE. "S" and then touch up the places needing attention. What I find works well is 1 eye socket light, and the other fairly dark. The trick is dint color inside the lines (this isn't arts and crafts in elementary). When coloring something like the eye socket, dint forget to exaggerate it right down the cheek or up to the forehead,  it breaks up the features very well.

I actually develop pink eye whenever I use Cam paint...oh well.  :-\

Sh0rtbUs said:
I actually develop pink eye whenever I use Cam paint...oh well.   :-\

LLLLLOL!

WAS THAT SUPPOSE TO BE FUNNY OR AM I JUST INCONCIDERATE?

Nothing funny about pink eye, it is a painfully annoying condition. (Especially if you're a Chocolate crispy easter bunny on march 27, mmmmm Pink Candy eye of easter bunny<<< in best Homer Simpson voice)  :p

I will update a picture of CADPAT style face paint in the picture section, go see this !

Sorry the file is too large for update in picutre section  :'(... but if you want I can send it to you by mail/MSN. Just ask !

Id love to see it...

Although it sounds funny, I do get pink eye and its a serious pain in the a**.

I smear a load of green on the entire face, neck, ears.  Then I speckle my face with the brown and black.  I will look around for a picture, it seems to work well, it takes no time at all.  Looks like CADPAT, and like Infanteer said, in 10 minutes, the stuff is sweated off anyway, so no one can tell if it is on your high, low, or whatever other point, cause most of it is on the back of your sleeve as you try to see through the cloud of cream flowing through your eyes.

I do the same as Bomber.  Apply the Light Green to the back of my hand, smear it with the back of my other hand, and then apply it to my face, ears and neck.  Then take a dab of Black, using the back of my hand again to hold it, I apply the Black in streaks on my high features and the odd other spots.  Take a dab of Brown and just like the Black, apply it in streaks, some "highlighting" the Black.  Take the remaining Black and Brown on the back of my hand and smear it into the back of my other hand, also remembering to do my fingers.  That way on those hot days, I don't have to wear gloves to cam my hands.

soldiers301 said:
Sorry the file is too large for update in picutre section :'(... but if you want I can send it to you by mail/MSN. Just ask !

Go to http://www.imageshack.us  you can upload it for free there.

As long as the file is under 1024 kilobytes.  If it is over 1024 kilobytes you could make it smaller in some sort of image edititing program, or if you don't know how to do that then send it to me and I'll make it smaller for you.:)

Back