• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What is the army cadets like?

Juniorz

Inactive
Reaction score
Well I really wanted to join the reserve but I can't because of technical issues. I'm 17 years old and I'm wondering if I join the army cadets will it give me a general understanding of what the reserves will be like and also will it better my chances of getting INTO the reserves when I turn 18?

What do you do?

Is it mostly kids??

Will I be like a big weirdo surrounded by 13 and 14 year old boys running around and screaming?

I'm a sea cadet but it is similar. From what I've heard, cadets is not like the reserves. It is however military structured. Which is better experience than none to prepare you for the reserves. I'm also 17, and since you are at that age you will probably have fast tracked training and be put into a leadership position. And so you would be acting like a role model / supervisor to te young kids while still doing your training. I would highly recomeded cadets.

P.S. if the kids are "running around and screaming" then someone is a not supervising properly. Cadets has alot more discipline that that lol

Did they raise the minimum age again?

Never mind, just read the OPs post history.

I was in the army cadets for 3 years and it really depends on the corps... You're 17 so a little late into the game (you age out at 18) It's not strict enough and there's way too much focus on dress and drill and not enough on physical things and marksmanship. None the less it is an excellent experience if you're looking to blow some time and get a wicked mark on your resume. Mind you since you're so close to aging out you probably wouldn't even make it to Cpl. (depends on your birthday). Drill is pretty wicked especially if you do DNC in alpha company at borden (ontario only). But there's also marksmanship (Charlie) PT (Foxtrot) and for you if you're lucky they could squeeze you into India or Hotel (2 weeks of your summer). So in my opinion it's worth it for the experience but unless you just turned 17 don't expect to go to ST...

*Gun drill will wreck you so don't do it*

RoyalCG said:
*Cough* Check your facts *Cough* http://www.armycadetleague.on.ca/

I volunteer at a unit, I was also in for the full 7 years as a youth. You can join 12-18. You can join at 18 spend a year in and when your 19th rolls around you're "aged out".

But nice try kid.

Ha ha cute... I aged out at 18 and everyone I know aged out at 18. Unless your corps is different, did you even look at the OFFICIAL cadet memo that I linked?

I love it when over zealous kids give a blast of shit to someone and then provide a link to prove that they are correct

More awesomer is when other pages at said link blow their bullshit right out of the water http://www.armycadetleague.on.ca/index.php/joining-army-cadets

RoyalCG...just stop

I admit defeat, tough opposition :D no hard feelings, I honestly thought I was right...

Ha ha trying to add insult to injury... That's pathetic, for a while I actually respected you. And with that grammar you can't be much older than 12, I'll tell you honestly I'm 15, left cadets at 14 because it got in the way of school, why don't you do yourself a favor and get rid of that overly confident attitude of yours and get down here with the rest of us.

P.S. Awesomer isn't a real word

*I just realized it was a different person who made the last post, but seriously no need to be a ****

Either way this fight is taking away from the purpose of this post, just do what you think is best according to the *19* year age limit and just think if the amount of time you put into it is worth it.

And listening silence it is for you.

Back