• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Well now for the board unvieling of Kev's Iraq work gun (1911 .45ACP)

DA is like driving an automatic stationwagon

SA, cocked and locked in .45acp is like driving a standard lifted P/U with big tires and a cummin diesel.

:)

Although I think shooting a Sig is sort of like driving a Bentley, very refined and in good taste, pass the mustard please.

Infidel-6 said:
Gloves work fine -- the polymer section actually is not very noticeable.  I had some concerns intially as well

Range13Jun011.jpg

Is your partner using one of them there Acogs with the Dr. Optic red dot on top?

How's he like it?

I thought I recalled you advising against those due to muscle memory issues when switching between the two.

Also, what are your thoughts on a .45 double action like one of Para's with LDA?

DD,

I would strongly advise against buying Para - they have some long-standing, and as yet IMO, unresolved QC issues.  You may get a gem, you may get a dog.  There is a reason why the vast majority of custom gunsmiths won't touch them at all...

blake

LOL -- cute

Ditto on the Para -- I've NEVER had good luck with a Para-Ord gun -- and even the FBI HRT sending guns to Wayne Novak (noted 1911 smith and inventor of the Novak sight) shop did not get the Dog out of them and they got dropped.

WRT the Doc/ACOG -- it works, but I beleive it to be a less than idea solution. 

Back