• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Well now for the board unvieling of Kev's Iraq work gun (1911 .45ACP)

KevinB

Army.ca Myth
Subscriber
Reaction score
Well some members here have already seen this guy in some other places -- but I figured I would "come out" here and admit that I am a .45 user

Gear-Iraq019.jpg

Gear-Iraq021.jpg

Yeah I got a new Strider...

Gear-Iraq017.jpg

Gear-Iraq023.jpg

Gear-Iraq024.jpg

Gear-Iraq026.jpg

Gear-Iraq028.jpg

Gear-Iraq029.jpg

Gear-Iraq030.jpg

The finish has chipped in some areas -- but it seems to have settled down.
  Next gun I am going to get the S&A high grip, grip safety and cut the frame to fit.

I've decided that I have to stay here to the bitter end - to a point that if I'm the last man on the chopper (a la Saigon evac) I doubt anyone will search me  ;)
  I'm getting pretty attached this this bad boy

Nice gun and knives Kevin, they look great. Play nice with them  ;)

Are those knuckle guards on the gloves uncomfortable. They look uncomfortable IMO. I would rather have leather or something.

CF Enthusiast said:
Are those knuckle guards on the gloves uncomfortable. They look uncomfortable IMO. I would rather have leather or something.

A lot less uncomfortable than bruising your knuckles while crushing someone's forehead with them. They're made for a practical purpose, not some gucci runway show.

Gloves work fine -- the polymer section actually is not very noticeable.  I had some concerns intially as well

Range13Jun011.jpg

Range13Jun008.jpg

Iraq-Range26May039.jpg

Oddball Question from a young troopie here I6

But what does your...boss?( I guess you dont really have a set in stone CoC anymore) think of you bombing around with the Canadian IR patch on?
Has it caused you and guff yet?

There are contractors from dozens of countries, wearing a flag is a non-issue.

Big Red said:
There are contractors from dozens of countries, wearing a flag is a non-issue.

Seen, addl Questions to yourself and I6 to follow

I'll answer for Kevin, it's a Smith and Alexander magwell with flat mainspring housing. I'm running the same one but with arched mainspring housing.

CF Enthusiast said:

As long as you are not an MG gunner...they are a nice to have.

I've also got an odd question:  The company you're working with right now, do they have the same rules regarding blood on kit as the CF? Are your personal kit items (vests, and other kit that is outside of your clothing) burned when there is blood on it, no matter how small the amount?
Sorry for the grim question, but it crossed my mind and started bugging me.

Also.... is that a Team Canada hockey team logo I see under the Canadian Flag? ^-^

I am assuming the patch under the flag is the one sold by farmboy at oneshot.

Infidel-6 said:
Well some members here have already seen this guy in some other places -- but I figured I would "come out" here and admit that I am a .45 user 

What ever happened to "Don't Ask; Don't Tell?"  ;)

Ex-Dragoon said:
So Kev gave up on the Glock did you?

It would be better for everyone if you thought that...............

Nice bit of gunsmithing there Kevin, especially under less than ideal circumstances.

Big Red said:
Everyone carries Glocks. A tricked out 1911 is high LCF.

Silly me, I forgot who I was talking to.... 

;D

While I like the Glock -- BigRed has a point -- everyone has them  ;) -- How can I be special with an "oh so everyone gun".

I grew up on the BHP, and I prefer single action cocked and locked guns, for pretty much all duty use.  I also like .45 ACP in a pistol.  I find I shoot a 1911 or BHP a lot better than I do a Sig or Glock (assuming the BHP and 1911 are well build guns).

Plus BigRed got a .45 - and I have to keep up with the Jones's  ;D

...Glocks are "oh so very plebian" - 1911's indicate a certain degree of refinement and (let's be honest here Kev) no small amount of snobbishness... :rofl:

blake

Back