• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Weapons Tech and Deployment

Reaction score
Good day,

I am currently in the background check of my Forces application, it has been delayed some due to my eyesight being too poor for the infantry. I have changed my trade to weapons tech since it is a non-combat role.

Part of why I wanted to enlist was the deployment. I see how deployments work for combat trades but how would deployment work as a weapons tech? I have to imagine they also get deployed but I figured I’d ask here to see if I can get an answer.

Thank you very much.

As a rule of thumb, if CAF is deploying troops with weapons, there will need to be some techs to fix said weapons. I think they maintain some other small mechanical kit as well, though maybe that’s just something I heard. Anyway, though I can’t speak to frequency of deployments, they definitely happen.

Good day,

I am currently in the background check of my Forces application, it has been delayed some due to my eyesight being too poor for the infantry. I have changed my trade to weapons tech since it is a non-combat role.

Part of why I wanted to enlist was the deployment. I see how deployments work for combat trades but how would deployment work as a weapons tech? I have to imagine they also get deployed but I figured I’d ask here to see if I can get an answer.

Thank you very much.
If you are any good at it then you will be in high demand. Weapons techs are indispensable. As a retired infantry guy the techs kept weapons, stoves, lanterns etc well maintained and we really appreciated that. Good choice.

Back